GunsAmerica Article on Relatively New Product

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by NVBeav, Dec 4, 2010.

1. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

"You can empty a 30 round mag on an AR full auto and still put your hand around the barrel" - author on Teludyne Tech Straightjacket.

The Teludyne (TTI) Tech Straightjacket – Extreme Accuracy Makeover

This looks extremey interesting... It called into question some of my thoughts on accurizing a rifle. Well worth the read!!

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

It certainly perked my interest.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

i wonder how much extra weight.. did the article say? I didn't see it in there.

4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Just install a bull barrel and forget the expensive scope. Not impressed.

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

A BBL is made from the same metal composition as the entire barrel. This procedure is using a more heat conducting set of metals than the barrel. That's the big difference here. It's not just a BBL. It's a BBL that sinks heat faster keeping the barrel cooler and helps with the irregularities of the barrel becoming more apparent as the barrel heats up.

6. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

That's what I got from the article too. It appears that it's impossible to make a barrel perfectly concentric and then create a hole perfectly down the middle. Thus, variation in temperature creates a different point of impact -- wider variation typically equals large spread. Therefore, reducing the temperature range of the barrel reduces the point of impact spread.

I thought I read that it added 3 pounds to the rifle.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7