life before antibiotics.....

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by CATO, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The worth of antibiotics all went downhill with their promiscuous use in animal production and husbandry (adding it to feed to enhance the growth rate of stock from birth to market and to reduce stock losses in intensive farmed animal production). It was just a matter of time before microbes won back the ground they lost when antibiotics were invented and were introduced to the market.

3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Perhaps TEOTWAWKI will be at the hands of a bacterial plague. If it were rapid, it would ravage the urban areas, lower socio-economic spectrum, and those with long term medical problems (asthma, diabetes, joint replacements, etc).

If it were slow, I could see gradually increasing severe travel restrictions, quarantine measures, conscription, food rationing, domestic and farm animal kill offs, mandatory remains cremation, lepor colonies, and severely rationed health care.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

7 days...that's how quick this stuff can eat you alive. If we had the right concoction of snake oil, she could've gotten a shot and been at her job tonight. Scary.....I wonder if it was hospital-acquired or community acquired (i.e., she got it from her injury)?

At what point in our future will all of these bugs be resistant to any antibiotic?

West Georgia student fighting flesh-eating bacteria | www.wsbtv.com

1. Bandit99
  2. Benjamin A. Wood
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Tempstar
  5. ED GEiN
  6. ED GEiN
  7. Bandit99
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Ganado
  10. Ganado
  11. marlas1too