ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ? Are you sure?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://dailyreckoning.com/when-they-come-for-your-guns-you-will-turn-them-over/

I have an active imagination. I have thought of this scenario quite a few times since it was announced that the Marines would be helping out with domestic "crowd control."

The question posed in the article is a good one, especially if you have a family: (e.g., the Marines show up in an APC to confiscate the weapons/ammo you are on record as owning) You either turn them over, or you die.

Faced with this type of situation, what are some ways that you might "comply" without truly complying?

Related post:
    http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/what-do-you-do-on-nov-3rd-if-obama-wins.34519/

Brokor and tulianr like this.
  2. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Try to reason with them using terms like "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ", let them know that you are on their side. They have a job to do, but that doesn't mean they cant write on their little checklist that your firearms were missing. If everyone says they are missing and nothing is found after a search of the premises they would have a hard time locking up everyone who is an owner.

If this doesn't work, I will turn them over...

...there are other ways to fight.

You "lost the battle but not the war" comes to mind.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The more interesting question is "How do your arms become part of the record?" There's where OPSEC should kick in. Some areas want registration of all weapons (thinking Shytown) others don't care (thinking VA as one example.) In my case, they would have to collect yellow sheets going back 50 years from at least 7 states and uncounted gun shops, to find out what I had before the boat sank, and even then would miss some that came in via gifts and inheritance.

What would you do if the marines (or pseudo marine cops) showed up is a valid question, but I have to say unlikely. YMMV if you live in NY or Kali. "Coffin Rock" comes to mind.

STANGF150 and tulianr like this.
  4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

munch.
    munch. munch.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Damn but I love Flea Markets that allow personal gun sales. Not that I would buy a firearm without a bill of sale or a proper ID check mind you. I just like to look at all the fine stuff for sale. Anyone anywhere in USA has sources of unrecorded weapons sales if they look for them. Know your local and federal laws on the issue. I am pretty damn sure that a time or two in my long life I have been offerred exceptional or illegal weapons at a price too good to be true. Chicken that I am, and not wanting to be anyones deliverance style butt buddy in prison, I declined. Let the buyer beware. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, unless of course you happen to be a politician, then go ahead and break all the damn laws you want you elitist S.O.B.

Idahoser likes this.
  6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

The guy that wrote that now lives in Mexico, I guess he does not mind a corrupt government that has a monopoly on violence.

Will everyone just cower in their own home waiting for them to come ?

7. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

The author of that garbage article is nothing more than a pansey waist turncoat. Big talk from a dude that runs away.
    Die for nothing? I suppose the Patriots who picked up arms against the King died for nothing as well.
    Screw him, it isnt sabre rattling, it's a fair warning. I would rather die and my family die than comply. First they take over healthcare, then they tell you what you can and cant grow on your land, then they take your guns away. THERE....now they OWN YOU. Ya know what F*** THEM!! I WILL NOT BE OWNED!! My family WILL NOT be owned.
    Yes, I would rather be worm food than be a subject. That aint dyin for nothing....it's dying for FREEDOM and it is an honorable death!

This is what happens to those that comply!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 10073

holocaust-pictures.

UGRev, Tink, Mountainman and 4 others like this.
  8. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

The fallacy of the argument in the article is that people will continue to respond the same way after repeated abuses like that. At first, many gun owners taken by surprise will turn the guns over, and a few will die trying to resist.

But once word spreads of this happening then the game changes. Imagine a SWAT team surrounding a house, breaching it and suddenly coming under fire from multiple directions from neighbors. Or taking down a home in the country and then being ambushed on the long winding road back to town.

Gun owners will take increasingly defensive and then pre-emptive action once they realize the govt is attacking them wholesale.

We have to accept that a few of us will be the early victims of any govt onslaught. That is the price of being law abiding. Once the govt becomes the outlaw then all bets are off and the tables turn.

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Good...organizing will be essential to dealing with threats like that portrayed in the article.

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

My two old damascus barreld in-op 16 gauge wall hangers would go I guess. If that ain't good enough then I'll wind up being one of the sparks.Old king George thought it was going to be easy too.Seemed to forget some place liberty above tyranny at any cost. Ramblings of an old man? Try me.

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

And I'm sure that there will be those that let them have them once they run out of bullets and are no longer able to use the firearm as a club. Just sayin'

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

By the time anyone is going around 'confiscating', others will be 'visiting' the political leaders who ordered this travesty. We know where they live and work. "The Night Of The Long Knives" will pale in comparison.
    A few million pissed off ex-military bubbas will be a formidable force when unleashed. [reddevil]

13. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

To me it comes down to would you rather live as a slave or die a free man/woman??? I've made my choice you should as well because time may be short.
    P
    OGM

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Revolution.
    Revolution. Revolution.

15. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

They're not gonna get the guns I will use to take the ones back they stole, if they even get that far. =)

I invited some local police inside my arms room once. Trust me when I say they won't be doing any door-to-door confiscations any time soon. The military? Well, let's assume we will see the warning signs, and like others have said --voting from the rooftops sounds adequate. As I have mentioned numerous times, and I really feel this is the direction we are heading, the government wants willing compliance. They are slowly wearing people down and getting them accustomed to being ruled --slaves are made in such a way. This is why they WILL take just about any condition they can capitalize on and use it to their advantage (Hurricane Katrina confiscations) in order to keep the ball rolling. Truth be told, we don't even need guns in a civilized world; yet, nobody has ever proven the human race is civilized. We are being purposefully misled and abused by people who actually believe we can evolve into beings of love and fluffy, kitten-hugging types. And these people want to be in control, because they were born for it...their bloodlines run deep. Inbred sycophants, nothing more.

Anyway, have a fantastic Wednesday!

UGRev, dragonfly and STANGF150 like this.
  17. I will surrender my guns when they stop shooting mooses!

UGRev and Brokor like this.
  18. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Sure...that's why we're going to see a shooting per week until the election. The sheeple will beg to have arms taken away. It won't happen through normal channels though...only through slight of hand (e.g., Obamacare vote).

Brokor likes this.
  19. TheEconomist likes this.
  20. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

But every time there is a mass shooting the rate of gun and ammunition purchases increases.

More and more people see what is being done.

Schumer may talk about "rational" gun control as all they want, but meanwhile the other libs call for the 2nd to be repealed.

The last time they were using the word "reasonable", meanwhile Feinstein was on national TV saying how she wanted "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them in"

The media tried to demonize the militias, people called them to ask how to contact the militias to join.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7