Gear Review 100% Wool Blankets (Master Listing)

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jul 27, 2012.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

@Brokor
    What do you think about these Bulgarian blended models? Deutsche Optik;Optics and Military Collectibles:Binoculars, militarybinoculars, rangefinder, compass, nautical antiques, ships clocks,magnifiers, militaria, military watches, Optolyth, Ollech & Wajs, Sinn,pocket watch and military surplus
    It would seem that the Swedish versions are totally out of stock everywhere which means that they must have transitioned to synthetic.

I want to purchase 100 of the best wool blankets available and have your monkey logo embroidered on them.

2. LEDAdd1ct

LEDAdd1ct Monkey

That's pretty funny:

In my continued search, I literally stumbled across those 18 minutes ago.

At 70% wool, they are not quite the same thing as 100%, but they are not terribly expensive.

Someone needs to pick one up and evaluate it by getting a good night's sleep (or not) under one. :)

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am sure those are good blankets, Melbo...quite thick and cozy, even if they are only 70% wool. I have not tried these out, and that's the only kick in the pants. At 4 for $109, it's a pretty good deal. And the monkey logo on the blanket is an excellent idea! I was thinking about doing that with the Boreal shirt.

(Also, if I start a sentence with 'The Monkey', the forum code processes 'the' in lower case as it links it. Strange.)

The monkey walked through the woods!
    There was the monkey from Australia...
    And the monkey said, "all is good."

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

fixed

Brokor likes this.
  5. Sean Reams

Sean Reams Monkey

i have some used italian army wool blankets for sale, price is negotiable within reason. I'm thinking 35.00 dollars a piece. Within a week or so I will have some pictures put up of one of them. I have a friend that is going to give them to me. PM me if anyone is interested.

6. Brokor

Great! Just post a thread in the BUY/SELL forum when you are ready. It's a good thing you also posted here so it can be easily cross referenced. Do a check with the staff before you do so due to your low post count, though.

7. K981

K981 Monkey

8. K981

K981 Monkey

Interested in the Italian blanket. Would like to see some photos.

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Are these the same blankets offered for $18 in the shoutbox?(if memory serves):rolleyes:

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

bump due to question

11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

12. Brokor

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well Brokor, you got me looking at this thread repeatedly, and finally I flinched and came off my wallet. I bought two of these British wool (80%) 60" x 90" blankets at $39.99 each plus $12 shipping/handling .... for a $91.98 total for the two.
    British Wool Blanket

Brokor likes this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Received my British wool (80%) 60"x 90" blankets today. Very fast service, and I am really pleased with the Blankets I received. Probably 3 decades ago or more I bought a very similiar quality 100% Hudson Bay queen size blanket for $90. These two British blankets are well worth the money I spent for them. Thanks again Brokor for this thread.

Brokor likes this.
  15. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Just got some second hand yugo blankets 100% for about 15 bucks... didnt see how I could go wrong with them... great thread..

Brokor likes this.
  16. Brokor

WHERE TO BUY?
    70% ($24) - 90% ($35) wool blankets (currently in stock) at the Pathfinder store. Their 100% wool blankets for $150 are currently out of stock, but check periodically for updates if you wish:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Brokor and kellory like this.
  18. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I think I want one.

Brokor likes this.
  19. Brokor

I actually picked one of these up recently, and I have to say it's a thick 100% wool blanket from what I can tell.
    Used Bulgarian Military Surplus Officer's Wool Blanket, Cream - 1537704, Blankets at Sportsman's Guide

Very nice. It's a Bulgarian military surplus wool blanket, cream colored. For $27 I think it was a very sound buy, and is easily worth four times as much. For those who don't mind the slight odor of moth balls and a chance it may have minor staining, a military surplus blanket is your ticket. Mine came perfect, like new, and even has a Bulgarian tag of some kind on it. Unbelievable warmth, right here. Gonna add this to the master listing on page one.
    bulg_wool.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Mountainman and tacmotusn like this.
  20. marker227

marker227 Monkey+

Is this a legit Swedish Officers Blanket? It's sold as one, but I didn't see the emblems on it. I need to know ASAP. Thank you!

$_57.JPG

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. HK_User
  3. DKR
  4. Hanzo
  5. RouteClearance
  6. Bishop
  7. Hanzo
  8. chelloveck
  9. Brokor
  10. Brokor
  11. Astrodokk