2 budget folding knives

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Sherman, May 3, 2010.

1. Sherman

Sherman Dog Eat Dog

FYI I really like that tiny spyderco, more of a gentlemen's knife but a nice back up. for anyone interested you can get the set of three for $16 here , a bug, honeybee and grasshopper. These are not locking blades and have no clip! Spyderco C133SET Bug, HoneyBee and GrassHopper SLIPIT Set - KnifeCenter

I also got a Kershaw chill for $16 on amazon, very nice knife. A little on the small side but good for more discrete carry. Lock blade, thumb assist works and a low rise clip. I liked it so much I bought a Kershaw OSO Sweet and boy is it ever for $20 (amazon), lock blade, assisted open snaps right out, G10 handle and really is the perfect size for EDC. Highly reccomend you get one. I'll try a Kershaw brawler next.

I've seen the Kershaw Hawk, g10 handle as low as $6.95 on amazon but I'm passing but how wrong can you got at that price?

Nickjlancaster likes this.
  2. Nickjlancaster

Nickjlancaster nickjlancaster.com

I have the Kershaw OSO Sweet... it's a great knife. Love it.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I have that also, it is a well balanced, very well designed blade --except for the pocket clip. The clip is very weak, and it doesn't hold up to regular daily use (not for me), and I even used Locktite on the threads, but the clip ended up snapping right off. I love the Kershaw flipper design, and the OSO Sweet is a fantastic flipper despite the poor pocket clip design.

Next on my EDC list: The Kershaw Cryo

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I have that. Amazon has a deal right now; if you buy two, you get $10 off. 2 iz 1 and 1 iz nun

5. MADAK

MADAK Question

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7