5.56/.223 penetrator ammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by homeshow, Sep 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sorry guys, my prostate prevents me from competing. [beer]

Has homeshow's curiosity been satisfied or not? I think the lid can go back on the [cow].

2. JohnJ_5114

JohnJ_5114 Monkey++

wow, my first day on this board and I see you, as a mod acting like this?

btw...

"The M67 90mm recoilless rifle is a lightweight, portable, crew-served weapon intended primarily as an antitank weapon. It can be employed in an antipersonnel role too. It is designed to be fired primarily from the ground using the bipod and monopod, but it may be fired from the shoulder. It is an air-cooled, breech-loaded, single-shot rifle that fires fixed ammunition. The rifle is equipped with a manually operated breech mechanism and a percussion-type firing mechanism. It is designed for direct firing only, and sighting equipment for this purpose is furnished with each weapon."

3. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Monkey+++

Look bud you want to write a post on the 5.56 M855 and then get your facts wrong and get pissed off because someone remembers go ahead. And the history of the round has everything to do with how and why it is used. So I'll spare you. Superior intellect hasn't got anything to do with it. The facts do. This is a survival board and others may find information they may try to us and if it is the wrong info it can kill them or their families. Sciencetist's are a dime a dozen and don't ammount to a hill of beans in a fight. We can post what they say all night long and they still don't have a clue. There is no formula on what makes a soldier tick and why one will die after one hit and another will take many hits and take his killer with him. If you've been in the same places and been on the same tip of the spear you would have remembered. If you've carried the same weapons and been a shooter you would have known. Still doing huh, Yeah right. I guess I don't have to tell you ammo selection can mean just as much as doing your part. Guess you learned that on the Galactic Cruiser with the pulse rifle. Yeah the M67 is.

Againg answered on the history of the round and how the M855 came about. How and why it was to be used is just as important as how it is used now. Had it not been for this requirement we'd still be using 55 grain.

I'm done with you and this thread!

Bite Me!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

He is "still doing it". Why would you question that? Many of us know him from being here a long time so that direction isn't going anywhere.

5. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

gee guys i'm really sorry i asked. now put your shirts back on.

6. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Homeshow,

If you want you can check some reloading manuals. They have some solid info and you can get some great loads and over all specs. I realize that this maybe more of a different line of thought on what you are looking for but any info can help.
    As far as the ss109 goes well sorry can't help you on that one.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

7. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

:) i was just curious as to what it was. also nice tag line poacher.

8. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Picture of a Carl Gustav being fired from the shoulder. This is the weapon that replaced the M67 90-MM Recoilless Rifle (RCLR) in the Ranger Bn's.

FYI as some believe it can't be done.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. OldDude49
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Oddcaliber
  6. OldDude49
  7. Big Ron
  8. deMolay
  9. Grandpa Patch
  10. Bishop