Ammoman.com be very careful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 7, 2006.

Register to hide advertisements

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member Site Supporter+++

Not my story

http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22956
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member Site Supporter+++

Ammoman scamed some poor guy earlier this year by miss representing a rifle as a "bring back" but, turned out to have an import mark on it. A very lengthy discussion (about 300 posts) on ar15.com about his misdealings. He was actually kicked off that website.

Beware, this guy is someone not to do business with!
  3. poacher

poacher Monkey+++

He's had numerous complaints around alot of boards about his business practices. Buyer Beware were never more true.

Take care Be safe Poacher.
  4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Creature

Let's just say that if I had intended to buy ammo online, he wouldn't see a dime of my money. Just looked through a bunch of the pictures of the ammo and many flaws and red flags stuck out to me. Wouldn't want to take the gamble on getting bad product or getting ripped off, possibly both.
  5. yonder

yonder No Despot's Servant

He has a long history of screwing his customers, not making good on a bad deal, and then badmouthing people publicly online. I will never send another penny to Ammoman. The AR15.com thing with the "Bring-back SKS" was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
  6. circle456

circle456 Monkey+

This is an older thread but for me a comment is necessary.

I have been ordering from Eric at Ammoman for many years. I can say that I have had no problems at all regarding (about) 15 purchases of .223, .308, 9mm, 357 SIG and .45 ACP.

The prices are often a little higher than you can find elsewhere but then shipping is included.

Especially I am puzzled by comments that Eric is personally shady. In any question or (my) situations presented, Eric has always responded in a reasonable manner and within a reasonable time.

That's how it looks from here. Scott, Northern Nevada
  7. Quigley_Sharps

Interesting, you joined yesterday and your first post is to this thread.
    m 99 likes this.
  8. RouteClearence

RouteClearence Monkey++

Internet scammers will not scam every person who buys from them, and even though I am not a registered member of AR15.com, I will take the word of thoses who have been scammed.

I also agree with Quigly in saying that I am also a bit suspisious in this being your first posting, and you will not be able to convince me otherwise about the above company/individual.
  9. RouteClearence

RouteClearence Monkey++

I just visited the Ammoman website and it seems strange that he is not sold out of any of his ammunition/magazines. Something is not right, also he does not have paypal, which is another warning flag. Steer clear of this company. Buyer beware.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got a package from them a couple of weeks ago that contained several boxes of assorted .38 special, .357 magnum, and 9mm, the problem was that I didn't order anything from him. There was an order slip from some guy with the same first name in Trenton, Tennessee; I got the ammo he ordered. I called Ammoman and they sent me a packing slip to send it back to them but I haven't gotten around to it yet and probably won't for a few days. I think I'll call the man that ordered the ammo to see if he got it and if not, then send it directly to him rather than sending it back to Ammoman.
    dragonfly and ColtCarbine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.