Best masks for virus protection?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Ajax, May 9, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I completely agree with you Harbin. Some vaccines are BS. The hepatitis B vaccine at birth is one. There's no reason to get this vaccine at this time. The risk factors for contracting Hep B are injecting drugs and unsafe sex. I don't think a newborn will be doing any of this.

In the case of Pertussis, you have to get 3 vaccines at once to be protected (you get tetanus and diphtheria also, which are essentially unheard of in newborns). You should be able to get pertussis alone--get the other ones later. This combo is for convenience, not for the well-being of the child.

In general though, you're right, the vaccine schedule is a racket ginned up by eggheads for the sake of convenience and the focus is on the whole, not on a single infant.

I'm very sorry you and your kid had to go through that...it is a helpless feeling.

2. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Thanks, for round 2 we have become much more educated- reading pretty much anything we can get our hands on (wife is at 23 weeks right now and going good). I went to the last doc appointment and the nurse made the mistake of mentioning that Wes is behind in his shots- stating "if we love our baby we will get him up to date today". My wife is about 5' tall but grew into a 12' green monster the incredible hulk would have turned and ran away from. I doubt that nurse will say something that stupid again to anyone.

Guit_fishN and BTPost like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would just like to go "On Record" as to be in support of Childhood Immunizations. As many of you know Momma, (alaskachick) is an RN, with a Specialty in High Risk Labor & Delivery. She was working in a Grade School (Plague Factories) as the School Nurse, in Juneau, AK a few years back, when we had Grandchildren going to that school. There was an outbreak of Whooping Cough, in town, and about a dozen kids, from her school, were effected. This was preventable, if parents had had their children immunized properly, and not LIED about it, on entering their children into school. Turns out that a few Parents had falsified their children's Immunization Records, to get their Kids into school. Well, they paid dearly for that judgement. Some spent Weeks in the ICU. Some had ALL their children suspended from school, until they reImmunized their children. There was talk about prosecuting, the offenders, as Alaska has a State Statute, that REQUIRES Immunization, to be able to attend Public School. It was a mighty BIG Mess. Now don't get me wrong here. I know the ISSUES that go along with Immunization, INCLUDING the "Mercury" Issue and the supposed "Autism connection". I have an Autistic Grandson, and have done the the Due Diligence Research on that issue.
    If you decide that your children should not be immunized, then you should also take the responsibility of Home Schooling your children, so that WHEN, NOT IF, they come down with these childhood Infectious Diseases, they do NOT infect everyone else's children. You should also plan for, and be able to quarantine, yourself, and your children, for the duration of their Infective Stages, whatever that requires. Like missing work, for a couple of weeks, and having your Groceries brought in, for the same period of time. shouldn't be a problem for a REAL Prep'er, Right? Be responsible for your decisions, so that you do NOT impact others lives. ...... YMMV....

Guit_fishN and Cephus like this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Check out the Dr. Sears Vaccine book. Lots of info in that book. Doesn't tell you what to do one way or the other....just gives you the facts. But, it does say stuff like: this bug is nasty, you don't want your kid getting it OR this bug is rare, you can skip. It also provides an alternative scheduling that we did with our two kids.

Because of the way schools embrace the AA Pediatrics vaccine schedule, you're over a barrel when it comes to taking vaccinations into your own hands as far as scheduling. If you don't follow the American Academy of Pediatrics regs, you generally won't be allowed into schools. So, as BT points out, homeschooling is the only option..

5. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

That was probably one of the best sources we found, lots of great info on specific studies in there. We've been following his schedule and plan to for the next one.

Make no mistake, I'm not anti-immunization. Ironically when we arrived at UCSD one of the first questions they asked was if either of us had been vaccinated for whooping-cough (due to recent outbreaks), I hadn't yet so I agreed right away and got it. What I am against, is stupidity. Like giving an infant 3 vaccines that is 1 day old including one for an STD.

Do we really need chicken-pox vaccines when the death rate is 0.0014%? (yes, I googled that one:D)

The cocktails are the other ones that annoy me. Like giving 3 at a time out of convenience. We simply opt to space the vaccines out using the modified schedule. I asked what studies were done monitoring reactions to them when given at the same time and was told none, they are tested individually. Can't say that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. They wanted to give my wife 2 vaccines (can't remember which) during her last pregnancy. My wife asked if there were any studies of the side-effects during pregnancy and the doc chuckled, saying "they can't test on pregnant women".

Here is an example of why I am leary of them and I question things: During Wes' last vaccination, the doc said "in a week to ten days, he might get a high fever and cry through the night, don't worry it's normal". I asked why that would happen and he said "we don't know, it just does".

6. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

I completely understand where she is coming from, being an RN she would see it everyday. What I don't understand and has never been fully explained to me, is why it matters to the immunized kids if my kids are not immunized yet. If they can't get it, and vaccines work the way we are told they do, then how do they get sick from my kids? I'm not being sarcastic, I really would like to know. Unless I misunderstood something.

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You're talking about herd immunity.

What you're not told is that vaccines are not 100% effective. Let's say you get the varicella vaccine (chicken pox), you still might get chicken pox. So, the thought is, it's safer if everyone has it....just one person bringing into a group already vaccinated may still infect some of those vaccinated.

It's just riskier in general.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The thing is, lets us say that your kid, is NOT immunized, and he is in a school with a bunch of other kids, (Little Plague Carriers) THAT ARE IMMUNIZED. Ok a relative of one of the Kids comes from out of town, and he brings his KID, with him and that KID, has the disease, and is infectious, but NOT showing any symptoms yet. Now your Kid goes over to visit, for a PlayDate, and this kid gives your Kid, the virus, and then your kids passes it to every KID in school, and since the immunization is NEVER 100% Effective, ALL the non-immunized KIDS, get infected from your Kid, and 10% of the Immunized Kids also get Infected, because it didn't Take, and cause the proper antibodies to form. Now we have an Epidemic going, because You Kid was the Carrier that stayed local and spread it around the school. Now lets say there was a School BasketBall Game where the other Team was from out of town. One Infected Kid from your team, who hasn't shown any symptoms, infects a Kid from the other team, who's Parents LIED about his immunization Records, and he takes the BUG, back with him to his Town, and the cycle Repeats, again and again. It is the SAME with Cold viruses.... One Kid goes to school with a New bug, and within a week, every Kid who hasn't had it, now has it, and is infectious and a carrier.... The only time I EVER get sick is in the spring, when the summer folks show up with all their new BUGS, that my Immune system has never SEEN... I get a Cold or Flu or whatever for the next two weeks, happens most every spring.... That is why I usually take my Vacations out of here in the Fall time, so I have had a chance to build up my Immune system to all the New Bugs going around BEFORE I travel down to the FlatLands, and get exposed to every thing floating around. My OpSec says... Keep Newbies, at a Good Distance, and wash My Hands after meeting ANYONE from Outside, often, and massively, with LOTS of BioSoap. Momma Knows best.... Her prescription.... YMMV....

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I especially loved the way I was "immunized" by the military for smallpox. I was poked with a needle dipped in the crud 15 times in the arm. I waited 2 days, nothing. I was ordered to return. They poked me again (don't get any ideas here). Again, same thing -nothing. Allegedly, after this point I *should* be considered immune, but no. Long story short, after the 3rd time, I looked at my 1SG and said, "No f&%&ing way am I not immune, not gonna doooo it." And that was that.

Boy, all the other soldiers hated that pussy scab on their shoulder. *shrugs*

10. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I've had that vaccine 3 times. Once as a baby in '70, once in the military in 87, and once in the military in '03. Didn't scab at all in 87 or '03 because I still had immunity.

11. Brokor

Huh, I have no idea how long that is supposed to last. I've never been immunized for smallpox before this time though. I was born right around the time everyone was being immunized, however -maybe a natural immunity of some kind? :rolleyes: No idea.

12. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Hep B for all newborns is wrong in my opinion.

I believe the Hep B for infants is because so many babies are born to drug users and prostitutes. If the baby is born to a woman with Hep B, the baby is at increased risk for chronic hep B. Then the baby grows up to be a drug user and/or prostitute and is a reservoir for hep B.

So all babies must suffer the risk of vaccination because it is to politically incorrect to just vaccinate the babies of the women who are demographically inclined to be included in the categories of drug users, prostitutes or immigrants from endemic areas such as sub Saharan Africa and the Carribean.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  13. Most people don't understand that the same reason they claim we don't need vaccines is the same reason that shows that we do.

Most of these diseases sound like something of the past making people think we did not need vaccinations, but the vaccination is what kept these diseases in the past. Now that so many are choosing not to vaccine, these these diseases are making a come back unfortunately.

14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The decision to have this at birth instead of two was pure convenience: the babies were already there at the hospital and there was no way to be sure if you would get them back for their 2yo immunization. Academically, it makes sense. Over time, you'll end up with a great majority of the population immunized, which begs the question: will you need a booster dose at some point? What is the vaccine effectiveness? (Hint: it's not 100%--people vaccinated still sometimes get Hep B).

15. Brokor

I don't think it's that simple. I am not gonna go full-bore conspiracy on you here, but much of what we face today is manufactured, even the swine flu. I posted in topics here about this already, and the contagions and pathogens we see resurfacing are not all mother nature -the hand of sneaky biological warfare labs rats are at play.

» Viruses and the GM Insect “Flying Vaccine” Solution Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » Is Swine Flu A Biological Weapon? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » Military Testing of Gelatinous Goo Story on Unsolved Mysteries Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » List of Dead Scientists Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » Fort Detrick disease samples may be missing Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » Weaponizing Deadly Viruses: Historical Precedents Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    » Senator Demands Answers On Government Anthrax Investigation Mystery Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Granted, we have an immigration crisis -and with the increase in third world contagions comes nasty surprises. I am not saying there are no "naturally inspired" flu's and diseases, I am only saying that much of what we are ordinarily educated to believe is an outright lie.

LINK: http://www.infowars.com/canadian-doctor-h1n1-vaccination-a-eugenics-weapon-for-mass-extermination/

TheEconomist likes this.
  16. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Again, not that simple. While I'm on the fence about some things, the research I've done for example on Polio show the number of cases were dropping off sharply prior to the vaccine being introduced. The diseases are making a comeback, however some are showing up as different strains. I don't doubt that vaccines have a purpose and can be beneficial, but I do doubt their effectiveness and safety. In this regard, I have become a bit of a conspiracy nut- especially after reading as much as I have about the FDA and the big pharma companies. They are way too close to each-other.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  17. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Good eye....

Here's one for you:

So, the CDC likes to tout that "vaccines work" and for example will show the decline in incidence (new cases) of vaccine preventable diseases such as hepatits A or hepatitis B.

They might say something like: "There's been a dramatic decline in the incidence of hepatitis B since the vaccine started being heavily used in 1986. We can thank widespread immunization for the low rates of hepatitis b today. Any questions?"

"Sure," an astute monkey would say. Next, said monkey would put up a graph showing incidence of both hepatitis b and hepatitis c (for which there exists no vaccine). Monkey would then say: "During the same time period, there has been a rapid decline in the incidence of hepatitis C. Given that there exists no vaccine for hepatitis c...and there's been a steep drop-off in incidence...just like hepatitis b, how can you really attribute the decline in incidence of hepatitis b to the vaccine. Maybe there was no effect. If nothing caused a drop in hep c, maybe the same nothing caused a drop in hep b."

(The room is silent...CDC wanker looks like they've just been smacked by a wet rag....giving all the indication of "hey, that makes sense, but I've never thought of it that way because vaccines have to work, that's what I learned about in school.") So, said CDC wanker stammers around for a few minutes presenting wild speculation as to why this could occur--anything not on the slide notes is uncharted territory.

And then the wise monkey finishes the CDC wanker off: "Truth be known, without the hepatitis b vaccine, you can't really say for sure that the graph wouldn't look exactly the same as it does now. Hep C, no vaccine, steep drop-off....no clue as to why....maybe people quit sharing needles when shooting up....nahhh. Heb B, vaccine given at birth, no sure of effectiveness, steep drop-off, you THINK it's due to the vaccine."

I live for those (purely fictitious of course ;)) moments..... [dancindevil]
    Clipboard01.

Silversnake likes this.
  18. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Ahead of the game...Before it was main stream...

Well, TramaHawk...looks like you beat the main stream to the news..
    Here is an article about what you warned us about days before...
    http://http://www.washingtonpost.co...s-cases-soar/2012/05/10/gIQAUsE5FU_story.html

[gasmask]

Gafarmboy

19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

BS.

This doesn't makes sense in the current situation: if kids/children are vaccinated, then it wouldn't matter if adults lose their immunity. The only issue is the window between vaccination and seroconversion. Essentially, if you haven't had a booster (the vaccine is only good for 4-12 years), you're not immune anymore....and you can give it to a newborn who hasn't seroconverted.

A failure of the public-health system's prevention arm and parents for not educating themselves.

All the CDC can do to provide help is to give out vaccine...not much more.

1. stg58
  2. Gator 45/70
  3. DKR
  4. DKR
  5. bendsc
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. Illini Warrior
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Ura-Ki
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Gaowlpoop
  12. VHestin