Chicago police chief says cops will shoot CCW holders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

How many CCW holders do you know who would pull their gun on a cop? This guy is an @$$hat.

Chicago police chief: We’ll shoot licensed civilians with guns | _

Chicago police chief: We’ll shoot licensed civilians with guns

Posted on January 10, 2013 by Admin

Guns Save Lives
    Chicago’s illustrious Police Chief, Superintendent or SuperNintendo (whichever you wish to call him) got on a local radio station in Chicago and told it like he perceives it.
    He said that citizens licensed to carry could be, and indeed predicted they would be shot by Chicago Police Officers.

Like that happens in 49 other states (or 56 other states if you listen to Barack Obama).
    Here’s the words from the Chicago’s Chief Street Light Asssassin, as reported by News in Black:
    “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”
    How is that different than police officers are now trained, Mr. Streetlight Assassin?
    Here’s what Second City Cop, a blog by and for Chicago Police Officers thought of McCarthy’s remarks:
    …Rahm and McSh**ForBrains continue to push their belief that Illinois residents in general and Chicago denizens in particular, are completely incompetent when it comes to gun ownership. Let’s be real – how often do you think you’ll be running into an actual legally carrying citizen? Those aren’t the people that the police usually encounter. And if you aren’t treating every traffic stop as one where a gun might be on scene in any event, you’re not being the police.
    And not to denigrate the Department, but we’ll bet a sizable percentage of Illinois citizens not only know guns better than the police, they can outshoot them 60-to-70% of the time, 99% of the time if we’re talking long guns.
    Remember, McKillTheCitizens was documented to have been shooting out streetlights when he carried a gun in New York – is that really the sort of asshole who should be telling citizens they can’t have guns after a year of 500+ homicides, 2,500+ shootings and a January that is already 200% ahead of last years dismal showing?​

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be living in that cesspool. Imagine, the notion of being killed by police because you were defending your life and they saw a gun and panicked, or not carrying one at all and being popped by gang bangers anyway?

What a life.

Moatengator, kellory and tacmotusn like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I got a year and a half stationed at North Chicago while attending schools. Always had a vehicle, and was never searched at gate. Kept a handgun locked in vehicle, and concealed carried illegally at times. Saved my life when threatened with knives and robbery twice. No shots fired. Chicago / Illinois is insane.

4. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

McCarthy was in Chicago like a month and gave a "sermon" at a southside Sunday church service that would make a Trayon Martin supporter look like a Clan member ..... the CPD moral is so bankrupted at this time I'd be surprised if anyone cares anymore

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Well, what does this say to the public? I see what he's *trying* to say intellectually--aside from the bad attitude and self-righteousness; but what I would feel is that now the cops aren't here to protect and serve. They are just another threat that I need to watch out for. I can no longer trust them to be above the law and they are just as likely to shoot me as a criminal is.

Note to self: wear gloves when loading ammo.

VisuTrac, kellory, tulianr and 2 others like this.
  6. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

I grew up in Chicago, no one would believe the stories. I go beck to visit family but good I hate going into the city.

I do like that blog entry though, summed up my thoughts as well.

7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I grew up in Chicago as well (North Shore actually) and shot at the Police firing range with my HS class a couple of times. The chief of police was there the second time when I pulled out my grandfather's (then my dad's and now my) WWII era 1911-A1. He asked me what I was "going to do with that hunk of pig iron" and I told him I was going to outshoot him and anyone else on the line in any position he chose at any range...which I proceeded to do to his utter embarassment. I'd been shooting it for 8 years, ever since it had literally knocked me on my butt at the age of 8 and had put something like 9,000 rounds through it by then. Really pissed him off. :D

kellory, UGRev and Harbin like this.
  8. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Note to self: after shooting home invader, do not wave gun around for the next 20 minutes waiting for a Chicago finest to arrive on scene. Reholster, sit down with a cup of joe, read favorite forum and listen to some cool jazz. Try not to fall asleep while waiting for CPD.

kellory likes this.
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Talking about how well trained the police are with firearms?

Unless they shoot in a competitive sport most of them spend more time studying books to get promoted than practicing with firearms or so said Masad Ayoob.

Edit
    Walking up to a gunfight in progress; any and all of us would want to help the "good guys;" but, how would we know who that might be?

It is easily understood that if you walked up to a shooting; any person's reaction to someone turning with a gun in their hand would be to think self defense.

So it is not what he said, but how he said it. He could have said "CCW people need to realize the officers have no way of telling who is the good guy. What he said was inflammatory, ignorant, threatening and pardon my French but flat a$$ stupid.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

erm, I unfortunately am going to have to agree. I shot police pistol combat matches for a while. I wrote a program that would tally the results for a memorial shoot so they would be ready for the banquet at the end of the 2 day event. Yep, the civilians beat the uniforms hands down.

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Why pity the citizens of Chicago. If they got tired enough of being treated like dirt they would vote the scum bags out of office. Same goes for the whole state. Instead they nominated and voted in such as nobammy for office.

ditch witch, BTPost and CATO like this.
  12. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

the CPD actually shot a guy the other day armed with a cell phone .... not that uncommon ..... happens a few times a year ..... a traffic stop in certain parts of the city is big time stressful ..... McCarthy went out a few weeks ago on his annual "patrol with the guys" ..... the first traffic stop had a Glock tucked under the seat and the #s ground off ....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7