Clear shower curtain practicality

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by hot diggity, Feb 3, 2014.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Sometimes it's the simple things that make life more comfortable. I recently replaced my less-than-waterproof shower curtain with a cheap one of clear plastic. It's a dollar store shower curtain, so I wasn't expecting much.

What I found was that the clear shower curtain has several advantages that I'd never considered. It lets in so much more light that I could, if necessary, find the soap and razor in the shower by the light of a Crisco candle. It makes it a lot easier to keep an eye on the bad cats, and to see who is opening the door and letting all my nice steamy warm air out.

Remember the shower scene from Psycho? It could have turned out differently if Marion Crane had had some bad cats for Norman Bates to trip over, and a clear shower curtain so she could see that he had that big knife. He needed shooting. Of course, she'd shower with her gun within reach. Doesn't everybody?

If there are kids or company in the house the fancy flowered shower curtain goes up, but when the lights go out it'll be nice to have the clear shower curtain so I have enough light to find the soap before the water runs out. Won't matter much if I'm reduced to bathing out of a wash basin, but I'm sure I can find many uses for a big clear sheet of plastic with grommet holes along one edge. ;)

HD

Tully Mars and Mike like this.
  2. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

I have several toys in my shower. Including an old, .45 in a aloksack, and some of those plastic daggers and spikes. And a rubber ducky wearing sunglasses... don't ask.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Motomom34 and Mike like this.
  4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have saved table "clothes" and shower curtains for years. They make dandy dry covers, ground cloths, ponchos, etc. Like our clear shower curtain--still get a thrill even after 40 years of marriage---snicker.

Tully Mars, Mechwolf, GOG and 3 others like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I am sure there are at least three ways to kill a man with a rubber ducky....... ;-)

Mike likes this.
  6. firekey

firekey Monkey

well, you could shove it down his throat, for sure.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If I am close enough to force it down his throat, I'm close enough to forget the duck and simply rip out his throat with a stick. The duck is just the distraction....

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

You guys are just soooo brutal--lol. Hopefully the "yap dogs" would give enough warning that lead would be waiting on the perp.

kellory likes this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Oh, I prefer lead poisoning, but the question was about the duck....

10. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

Thinkgeek.com ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397657441.288103.

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

They are perfect for lining your trunk area or putting down when hauling plants, bikes and all sorts of dirty greasy things. They are long enough to cover the backs of the seats when you flip them down for larger items.

Tracy likes this.
  12. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

sure id say i was hauling plants to if i was telling someone about lining my trunk with plastic.;);)

Tully Mars, Tracy, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Motomom34
  3. Ganado
  4. Shinzo
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. Ganado
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. Joe13