Defective ammo destroys Glock

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 26, 2012.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Got one. Most often it is stuck in the right front pocket of my bluejeans. Accurate enough to pop rabbits at 10 to 15 yards with great regularity. Disadvantage; slow reload due to placement and stiff magazine release. Also single stack 8 round magazine. Damn cheap and reliable though. ....jus sayin

2. JLRhiner

JLRhiner Stranger in the Modern World

That was probably fired out of battery. Glad he wasn't hurt. The unsupported chamber is a very poor design. I'm not a GLOCK hater, I just love my hands!

BTPost and VisuTrac like this.
  3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Wow. Lots of Glock hate here! Well made guns like that 100 year old double. HATE SPEECH! Just because the Glock has a known defect and regularly blows up, that is no reason to not buy one! Can't use reloads or lead bullets in the Glock? No reason not to buy one! "Love my hands"? Wow, if that ain't hate speech I don't know what is!

OK, yeah, 1911's will choke, so do Glocks. With factory ammo. Seen it, have the T-shirt. However....1911's will NOT blow up and come apart if the case gives (yeah, done it and have the t-shirt for that too). The Glock unsupported feed ramp is a design flaw that should have been changed. Why wasn't it? No idea. However the case bulge is known as a "Glock bulge" so that should give you some idea of how common this is for Glocks. There isn't a name for something like that for the 1911, which should also give you some idea. Well, OK, hammer bite, but that was cured many, many years ago and I have an all original 1914 Colt that has never bit me. A lot of pistols have hammer bite, the P-35 for one, along with several others, so that is not just a 1911 problem and it only affected a limited few to begin with. Make fun of the 1911 if you want, but will Glocks be around in another 75 years? Will 1911's? No idea. But I know which one I'm betting on!

Quigley_Sharps and kellory like this.
  4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I have carried glock for years and have run reloads though all of mine the thing with reloads is the person reloading knows what he or she is doing not try to load the super round with the help of professor Bud-Light. I have also seen the metal frame smith's do the same alot of people just don't take care of their weapons and properly clean and then mass produced ammo you do get mistakes. Honestly I have complete faith in my Glock and would carry nothing else on duty other than a 686 357mag if they would let me. Over the years I have went through armor schools and tried to learn every thing I can about the weapons in my group and Glock is the most dependable semi-auto you will ever own. I have rebuilt all of mine springs, pins, and just a month or so back new after mrket wolf barrels. Which solves the problems of reloads with Glock as for +P ammo I carry on and off duty 45acp gold dot 165grn +P have run no less than 2000 through backup/off duty and service weapon no problems. Any firearm can below up and 99.5% of the time it is the shooter's fault but they never admit it Just like the taking the girl home from the 3am line. (LOL)

hank2222 likes this.
  5. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Alpha Dog brings up a very good point know who is making your reloads and not gunshow special you picked for dirt cheap price out the door because whats to unload them .

Second point i do not shoot p-plus loads in my duty weapon because of the simple fact i do not trust them at any time or point who and what company make's them because of having some problems with them in steel framed pistol i carryed on duty at the time.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7