Lights Out, by Halffast pdf (Update)

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by melbo, Jul 31, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Re: Lights Out, by Halffast pdf

Awesome news!!! Can I have a part in the movie?;)[peep]

2. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Congrats, David!

Lights Out is a great read and I have recommended it to many friends. If you get it published I'm interested in selling it.

Keep us posted.

3. usaflagtag#1

usaflagtag#1 Monkey+++

Oh, thank goodness! I have been praying for a "hard copy" of the book since I read Lights Out the first time. (I have read it a "couple" times. :D)
    A movie would be totally fantastic!

I'll be watching and waiting.

4. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Could someone point me to the pdf wherever it may still be posted. I don't want to wait until publication. I'll buy a published copy when it comes out. Gentleman's agreement.

5. k9king

k9king Monkey+

I read "One Second After" recently. Now I'm an addict to EMP fiction/non-fiction. I've been searching the end of the internet looking for more of this type of books. Can't wait to read this one!

6. Heatherli

Heatherli Monkey+

I read this book and it is GOOD! I hope it comes out in Canada too...I'll be the first one lined up to buy it!

7. erocks

erocks Monkey+

Can someone PLEASE direct me to where I can get a copy of "Lights Out"? I have read the first 20 chapters and I am totally hanging wanting to finish the book. Please help!!

Thanks!

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have a copy saved but will respect his request to limit distribution.

9. TenGrit

TenGrit Monkey++

Re: Lights Out, by Halffast pdf

That is AWESOME!!!

10. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Congrats! I loved your story and I'm sure the movie will be great!

jim

11. melbo

12. alnitak

alnitak Monkey+

Please include me in the drawing...great book!
    Thanks.

13. sarge

sarge Monkey+

excellent read

Excellent read, can't decide which is best......'Lights out' 'One second after' or 'Patriots'. I wanted to re-read LO, guess I'll have to wait till it comes out now.

14. TKPhotog

TKPhotog Monkey+

Copy of "Lights Out" needed urgently!

Hey folks...

My father-in-law found "One Second After" and recommended I read it - which I did just a few days ago. Both of us found out about "Lights Out" but he was bummed because he heard he was too late to get a copy. Well, me being such a smart guy (duh), I *thought* I found a copy on Frugal Squirrels - not realizing I only had the first 20 chapters! My father-in-law is not an "online" kinda guy, so I had Kinko's print it out and spiral bind it for him. Only to my surprise, I only then realized that I didn't have the full story. Now I'm in a tight spot as he's just started to read it I'll look like an *ss. :-(

Halffast, if you are reading this and can send me a copy of the old story (doesn't need all the updates you are working on now, etc.), I would really appreciate it and even send you a check for like $10 or something.

I'm sure we'll buy the book when it's published, but I'm guessing that may be sometime out (personally I would prefer the Kindle edition).

If anyone knows a way to get this message to the author I would appreciate it.

Thanks for providing such a great story!

TK

15. usaflagtag#1

usaflagtag#1 Monkey+++

I would like to know asap when the book is published please.

I have been hoping for years for a hard copy.

16. Starrgazer

Starrgazer Monkey+

I had to register here, just to say, that I read Lights Out, about a year ago..and the story never left my mind. It probably took me twice as long to read it, than it should have, because I kept stopping to think of myself and my family, in a situation like this.

I think I drove my family crazy, telling them about what could happen. I even bought myself a crank radio.

I wondered why this book was never published..I found it to be better than almost anything I have ever read.

In October, I got a copy of one second after. I didnt find that, a fraction as good as lights out.

I just found this forum, when I tried to use the link to the pdf of lights out..to send it to a friend. Of course, the link doesnt work, now.

I cant tell you how thrilled I am to know that this WILL be published. Not only will it be an excellent book, but would be a fantastic movie.

Congrats and best of luck. I also cant wait to get my hands on a hard cover.

17. Starrgazer

Starrgazer Monkey+

I just noticed how old some of the posts here are. Did this book get published yet?

18. melbo

This thread is closed. See below for a chance to win one of 20 signed copies that we are giving away as soon as Lights Out! is published.

We're giving away 20 signed copies of Lights Out! as soon as it's published.
    See this Thread to sign up:
    http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum...ffast-signed-copies-survival-emp-fiction.html

-melbo

-Update from Halffast 2/23/2010
    Well, the day has come. I have made a deal with a Hollywood producer to shop Lights Out around to some studios. He thinks we have a great shot at getting one of them to take on the project. We are also working on a book deal.

That means that I need to ask you to remove LO from your site. There is no way that I can ever repay you for the support you have given the story. Of course you will get an acknowledgement in the book and I will send you a signed copy.

Thanks again for everything.

--Halffast

We are also selling a limited number of signed copies: Lights Out by David Crawford - aka Halffast

You can also buy copies at Amazon (a small percentage goes to support the site)
    or from Lights Out the book

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Thunder5Ranch
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. hitchcock4
  8. john316
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid