Music And Sound In 432 Hz Versus 440 Hz Explained

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brokor, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

"Canon in D" isn't if you change the key...which is what you are talking of doing. Either "frequency" is a smooth, calming rendition.

I've played various genres of music for twenty+ years and run the mix for various bands for the past 15, but never have I seen any notable difference in audience response due to only a change in key.
    Kingfish makes an excellent point regarding the driving beat of rock, be it the kick or the bass line. With out one of those, the audience participation will diminish immensely.

BTW, a RoadKing amp uses a reverb tank quite similar to the British spring, just downsized a bit.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Brokor likes this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Sounds like we have traveled some of the same road. I used to really enjoy building P.A. systems and playing hard rock as a guitarist. I have some real nice recording gear now including two small Mackie Mixing boards and a rack mount 24 track Fostex Digital Hard drive recorder. Ive got some Digitec and Lexicon multi effect units, compression and noise gates for recording live drums. My wife has both the Korg Triton Extreme and the old Kurzweil 2500 key boards. She had 13 years classical training and can really play circles around me. I am a self taught guitarist and have played everything from hill billy to speed metal/punk. Played lots of Heavy Metal during the 80's then tapered off into Blues and hard rock until 2001 when we ended our careers opening up for Poison and Kansas . My wife's old group opened for Steppin wolf in 2001 as well. We did 4 years writing Christian Rock songs after that and recorded 23 tunes which now reside in that hard drive recorder. Never finished the project. Some great songs on that machine. The music was a blend of like Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd with Christian Lirics. Two guitars, two key board players, 5 string bass, drums and 4 part vocal harmonies. It was pain to mix all that sound but it was worth every minute. Now we just jam with friends who come over and talk about the end of the world ha ha ha . I have two very fine guitars in an old American made Kramer single pickup strat like and an Eddie Van Halen Peavy Wolfgang. Both are Floyd rose equipped and my amp is Peavy Trans Tube 100 watt with 4 sheffield 12 inch. I run a Digitec twin engine effects loop in the trans tube . Its pretty slick and gives me like 200 pre set effects.. Still fun to play just dont ever want the hassle of set up and tear down ever again.

Ganado likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

ALSO-
    Here's something (again) I wanted to show, in the hope that some of you may actually comment:

The mystery of Coral Castle is actually pretty cool. I would like to know how much it has to do with sound frequency manipulation and electromagnetic fields.

Ganado likes this.
  6. melbo

Corona Borealis - Cantus Paganus - 432 Hz

Ganado and Brokor like this.
  7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[bateye] place-holding for further reading later

8. burnhole

burnhole burnhole

432 isn't a half step lower , 415-416 hertz approx. would be a half step lower. A half step below is still based on 440 hertz, thats what its a half step away from. 432 hertz falls between the two, not in the middle though,but approx 1/3 below the A 440 hertz , and the A flat . In other words its slightly flat from A 440 ( by 32 cents). When tuning to 432 , 440 hertz no longer exists on any fretted note, you you can still bend to it or past it ,of course. Tuning down a half step, just makes A# 440 instead of A.

9. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Revisiting this old thread after I saw it resurrected. Didn't pay it much mind when you started it but music has been on my mind more and more lately. I've got a tin ear though so subtle differences don't really register to me like they do for audiophiles. I am also pretty darn musically illiterate when it comes to knowledge about how it's made and such. I'm just an average listener.

I love Enigma too. I feel the same way about Delerium. I'm sure as an Enigma listener you've heard of them? They are a side project of an old 80's industrial group called Front Line Assembly. Talk about night and day difference in genres! Still love them both (and other side projects of both Bill Leeb & Michael Balch). Though I can't discern minor differences in music I still am moved by it on a spiritual level.

Thanks for the resurrection burnhole!

Brokor likes this.
  10. Brokor

Brainwave entrainment

Brainwave entrainment is any practice that aims to cause brainwave frequencies to fall into step with a periodic stimulus having a frequency corresponding to the intended brain-state (for example, to induce sleep), usually attempted with the use of specialized software. It purportedly depends upon a "frequency following" response on the assumption that the human brain has a tendency to change its dominant EEG frequency towards the frequency of a dominant external stimulus. Such a stimulus is often aural, as in the case of binaural or monaural beats and isochronic tones, or else photic (visual), as with a dreamachine, a combination of the two with a mind machine, or even electromagnetic radiation.

Brainwave entrainment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. melbo

Need to find some Cowboy Junkies in 432 -

Brokor likes this.
  12. Brokor

This is kind of unique and very relaxing. You should use headphones and turn the volume up. No, this is not a prank.

The method is kind of amazing.

13. melbo

Converted to 432 (which isn't the same as if recorded in 432 but still pleasing :))

Original Sweet Jane from The Trinity Session attached below.

Attached Files:

Brokor likes this.
  14. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I did the Lou Reed version with the dual lead guitar intro.

Ganado likes this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

This is a great thread. Too bad many of the links are broken.
    @broker I've been to corral castle I don't know if he did it with sound or magnetic energy. There are no drill marks and he mounted 1 and 2 ton corral rocks on a center pivot axis. I still don't understand how he balanced it so perfectly

16. Brokor

Ed Leedskalnin may have been small, but his determination was massive.

Ganado likes this.
  17. barfoden

barfoden Neophyte Monkey

yes as burnhole said 432Hz is around 1/3 down from A440 towards G#.
    As a singer 440hz vs. 430hz does make a difference. I am a darker baritone and my E4 note becomes hasslefree in 430Hz whereas in 440hz I have to shift the resonance slightly a little higher (thinner) or I start "pulling chest" on that E4..

Though if you are struggling a lot in 440Hz i think a detune to G# (415.3Hz) is the answer... But if you are just feeling a little fatigued after singing a two hour gig, lowering to 430Hz could be a great solution and will keep your voice more in the "sweet spot" than a full detune to 415Hz..

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Brokor
    Not to hijack the thread; however Enigma is one of the favorites here. There is another group, Aral who is quite good also.

Music is quite interesting. My mother put into words quite well when she said she didn't understand but the difference between my stereo at 250 watts RMS sounded "fuller" than hers at 200 watts PEP.

Brokor likes this.
  19. fastlane69

fastlane69 Neophyte Monkey

Hello brothers and sisters!

I’m here to extend a warm invite to a fantastic music theory group!

We discuss all manner of things and in particular the benefits and harmonious beauty that is 432 Hz tuning over all others.In this group, we are very open to the ideals of using 432 Hz to cure disease, solve world problems, create a more harmonious Earth and universe, and create a more harmonious society built on the principles of love and acceptance.

Some topics already in discussion:
    Healing by listening to 432 Hz and excluding 440 hertz.
    Plant growth using 432 Hz.
    How to use frequencies for healing and success

The only thing that I ask once you join the group is that you post as much as you are comfortable about your own personal experiences with 432 Hz. While many people talk about the benefits of 432 Hz for musical performance, we are more interested in your personal stories of healing, growth, success, and other benefits using 432 Hz. You will find our community to be very open and friendly to these ideas and you will find a novel and unique place in which to share and grow through our shared experiences.

After your introduction, feel free to start posting immediately! Again, we are really interested in your stories of how you have used 432 Hz to benefit your life and even though the group’s name is “music theory”, anything related to 432 Hz is on-topic according to our admins so share, share, share!

So please accept this personal invitation into our almost 6000 member strong group.
    We are very excited to hear your contributions and your stories about the magic that is 432 Hz in all things, not just music!!!!!!

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Survival Monkey does not encourage nor appreciate posts recruiting for other sites, most especially for topics unrelated to preparing or survival. If such topics come up along the discussions, they are acceptable and encouraged. As a first post, this recruitment effort is not appropriate. Please edit your post accordingly and review the CoC with an eye on the caveat about hijacking.

All that aside, welcome aboard and post up in the introductions area.

Ganado and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7