Need More Sheriffs like this

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Alpha Dog, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I get E-mails from time to time and wanted to share I am a pround member of th Oath Keepers and this is who sent me this
    El Dorado Sheriff’s Fight With Feds Likely Over Residents Carrying Guns

PLACERVILLE (CBS13) — The fight that has the El Dorado County sheriff planning to revoke a federal agency’s enforcement power in his county is apparently over residents’ rights to carry guns.
    Cory Ward is an avid outdoorsman who frequents the El Dorado National forest. But he’s concerned this paradise could turn into a police state.
    “I have felt intimidated,” he said.
    He’s got a long list of complaints against federal officers who patrol the forest.
    “They want to know what you’re doing here, where you’re going, do you have any firearms on board.”
    It appears this exploding confrontation between Sheriff John D’Agostini and the U.S. Forest service may come down to guns, and the right to carry them, and whether U.S. citizens are allowed to bring them onto federal land.

The sheriff’s department says they’ve received more than 50 complaints from people just out enjoying the woods when they were stopped by an overly aggressive forest service officer.
    Some of these experiences have been posted on Internet chat rooms with people demanding the sheriff get involved.
    And last week, he pulled the federal officers’ powers to enforce state laws in his jurisdiction, effective July 22.
    A U.S. Forest Service spokesman said the agency met with the sheriff Wednesday to try and work out their differences.
    “It hasn’t happened anywhere else in this state,” said John Heil. “We hope that the relationship will continue and we will look for ways to improve.”
    But as for Cory, he just wants to enjoy the forest without fearing the feds.
    “This is your land, this is my land, this is everybody’s land,” he said, “And we don’t want to come here anymore.”
    The forest service said it will affect the seven forest service officers who patrol the area, though they’ll still be able to enforce federal laws and restrictions

Here is a second Post.

Sheriff John D’Agostini has prohibited US Forest Service agents from enforcing State Laws within El Dorado County, which includes El Dorado National Forest. This article, would have you believe it is only about the right to carry guns in the El Dorado Forest, but there appears to be even more involved.
    As the article states:
    Cory Ward is an avid outdoorsman who frequents the El Dorado National forest. But he’s concerned this paradise could turn into a police state.
    I have felt intimidated,” he said.
    He’s got a long list of complaints against federal officers who patrol the forest.

They want to know what you’re doing here, where you’re going, do you have any firearms on board.”
    Intimidation. It seems the Forest Service employees are intimidating the visitors. Why all the questions? And why ask if they are carrying guns? If they have a concealed permit to carry, they are abiding by the Law. If they are open carrying, it would be plainly obvious. What business is it of the Forest Service where the visitors are going? As visitors they might choose to go anywhere in the Forest.
    Even if a visitor is not carrying firearms, it is a matter of intimidation to ask if they are carrying. Also from the article:
    The sheriff’s department says they’ve received more than 50 complaints from people just out enjoying the woods when they were stopped by an overly aggressive forest service officer.”
    Intimidation. Just as Police Departments everywhere are becoming more militarized, more intrusive, and more intimidating, so we see this example of the US Forest Service becoming intimidating and intrusive. Just as too many police are forgetting who they are paid to serve, so it is, seemingly, becoming the way with these Forest Service employees.
    Thankfully there are Sheriffs like John D’Agostini, who recognize it is the people they serve. We applaud his actions in limiting the powers of the Forest Service.
    From NSA wire-tapping of all our communications, to TSA groping of our bodies, the Federal Government has embarked upon a systematic plan of intimidation, geared, not to saving us from terrorists, but to cause us to cower in fear of the power of the Federal Government and all their alphabet agencies. They are of the mindset that they are the masters, when it is “we the people” who are their masters.
    The Federal Government is out of control. The Constitution is no longer respected or obeyed as the Supreme Law of the land The Bill of Rights is being totally ignored. They say they are protecting us. Not so. They are steadily bringing us into slavery.

Now as for my look on this I have been a Deputy for 20 years and work a rual County so I patrol a lot of forest, rivers and hollows ( or as I call them hollors). I make contact with numerous people in a shift talk about the weather, the fishing or just how their day is going. Now I know that most of these people are probably armed to be honest it would take a damn fool not to be. So I just approach people with the thought of everyone is armed and I use caution. Unless I am there for a violation of the law I have no right to ask this person if they have a weapon it would be like asking whats their blood type it's none of my business. It has nothing to do why I am there ,Im just there letting them know hey if you need anything I am around or if you are thinking about doing something wrong Im here and will get ya. Thats it the only time I ask if a person has a gun is if Im on a call or a high risk traffic stop 90% of my traffic stops I never ask about a gun unless I have reason. If I stop a person for rolling a stop sign and this person is going to work or coming from church and they don't give me any reason to think a crime is being commited what right do I have to ask any other questions that is not part of the violation I stoped that person for. If I stop a person coming from a known drug house sure Im going to ask if they have dope or guns part of my investigation. I seen this person leave this residence vehicle was at this residence for 5 min vehicle violated traffic infraction so I have reason the person can always ask sir is that why you stopped me. With respect sir I dont have to answer that question it has nothing to do with the reason I was pulled over. Sure it hurts my feeling being the sensitive type of guy I am but they don't have to answer I issue my citation and move on. 9 times out of 10 I see the vehicle later end up pulling it and they are intoxicated from the drug use at which time they go to jail and I search the car. If they go home and do what they do as long as I don't get called to the residence if they were breaking the law they got a free pass. It bothers me how all forms of goverment wants to use L.E.O.s to do this why don't the dumba$$ that came up with it go and ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Does anybody want to know why Sheriffs are predominantly so awesome? It's because they are voted into office by the people. Now, some can say it's because they are held accountable, others will say the people know who should serve, maybe some will claim it just comes with the territory --the bottom line is, they are not part of some shadowy state run or federally run organization. We should learn something from this.

We don't need police. Not in the manner in which we have become so accustomed. If the local police were privatized UNDER a publicly elected sheriff, and whose services were bought and paid for by each county, it would prove to be far more beneficial for everybody. If they become too brutal and invasive, hold those 'officers' accountable, NO get out of jail free cards, no immunity, no paid vacations. Entire counties can 'opt-out' of using their services, this means they have NO authority there and cannot enforce laws. Don't like it? Move to another county. In this county, people protect themselves. THAT is the best model of liberty WITH police I can come up with.

Now, to end the fantasy, let's focus on what really IS.

These "Federal" employees, who masquerade as law enforcement, are really only legalized mafia. They do what they want, can make false arrests by the dozen daily, and the most they will ever have done to them is receive a vacation. Let's be honest, since the Patriot Act, just about anything can be explained away as a matter of "National Security". And let's not forget, most, if not all our 'Federal' parks have fallen under the umbrella of the United Nations as "Wildlife Refuges". This certainly makes it difficult for a free and sovereign citizen to travel unhindered and unspoiled. The local police in many states are only an extension of the very same Federally sponsored corporate dictates --and they love playing their role, too. In fact, raking in cash for their corporation is a never ending process, and police are regularly held to quotas. The people are just dollar signs.

A Sheriff is still a beacon of hope that we can still resist tyranny.

oldawg, Alpha Dog and Mountainman like this.
  3. Alpha Dog

Another thing State and PD L.E.O.s don't like to hear is that they are hired guns by the State or City. A Sheriff and his Deputies are the only L.E.O.s for the people. The Sheriff is elected by the people and the Deputies are appointed by the Sheriff. A lot of people know the Sheriff can be removed by his voters. What a lot of people don't know so can Deputies. We are the only L.E.O.s that can be removed from service by the Citizens of the County. If the Citizens take a petition and get half the County voters to sign it that Deputy will be relieved of his duties and lose his star. (Not that I think that plays apart because everyone knows the Sheriff and his Deputies are the only true Law Enforcement by the Constitution.) Lol

kellory, oldawg, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Alpha Dog should you ever decide to move to the more rural and mesquite ridden areas of Texas you would find most sheriffs would welcome you as a deputy. Running for constable might also be considered. Our rural constables are way more important to us than just glorified process servers.

5. Alpha Dog

Number Of Nation's Sheriffs Refusing To Enforce Unconstitutional Gun Laws Snowballs
    Greg7585.
    By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

From Florida to California, a growing number of the nation's sheriffs are standing up to gun control measures proposed by both the administration and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).
    Many law enforcement officials have written letters to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden voicing their concerns over what they believe is an effort to infringe upon the Second Amendment.
    In New Mexico, 30 of the state's 33 county sheriffs have reminded state lawmakers that they are under oath to support the U.S. Constitution, and that includes the Second Amendment.
    CNSNews.com previously reported that 28 of the 29 sheriff's in Utah sent a letter to President Obama stating that they will not enforce any new gun laws they believe to be unconstitutional.
    A host of Oregon sheriffs have said that they will not comply with any new unconstitutional gun regulations:
    • Sheriff Craig Zanni wrote, "I have and will continue to uphold my Oath of Office including supporting the Second Amendment," in a letter to Coos County citizens.
    • Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said he would refuse to enforce any new Federal gun law he believes is unconstitutional.
    • In a letter to Vice President Joe Biden, Grant County Sheriff, Glenn Palmer writes: "I will not tolerate nor will I permit any federal incursion within the exterior boundaries of Grant County, Oregon, where any type of gun control legislation aimed at disarming law -abiding citizens is the goal or objective."
    • Sheriff Gil Gilbertson of Josephine County told Biden in a letter: "Any rule, regulation, or executive order repugnant to the constitutional rights of the citizens of this County will be ignored by this office."
    • Sheriff Tim Mueller of Linn County, Oregon says his department will not participate in any overreaching and unconstitutional federal firearms restrictions.
    In California, Sheriff Adam Christianson of Stanislaus County wrote to the vice president: "I refuse to take firearms from law abiding citizens and will not turn law-abiding citizens into criminals by enforcing useless gun control legislation."
    A letter sent to Sen. Dianne Feinstein from Sheriff Jon Lopey of Siskiyou County, California states: "Our founding fathers got it right and many politicians are getting it wrong."

In Missouri, Lawrence County Sheriff Brad Delay tells the president: "I will...rise to the defense and aid of all Americans should the federal government attempt to enact any legislation, or executive order that impedes, erodes, or otherwise diminishes their constitutional right to keep and bear arms."
    At a town hall meeting, Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky told citizens "you are never going to pull a gun from Jackson County."
    Smith County, Texas Sheriff, Larry Smith has said, "I will not enforce an unconstitutional law against any citizen in Smith County. It just won't happen."
    In Florida, Martin County Sheriff, Bill Snyder said that he will not enforce federal gun laws: "Local law enforcement authorities are not empowered to enforce Federal law," Snyder said.

ETA: The link to the article
    Number Of Nation's Sheriffs Refusing To Enforce Unconstitutional Gun Laws Snowballs | CNS News

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    tulianr likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have to admire those guys standing up and speaking up.

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7