Poll: Revolution And Gun Control

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Brokor, May 3, 2013.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Poll: In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties.

avagdu likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Uh-oh, this isn't boding well.

Brokor likes this.
  3. Stealth Camper

Stealth Camper wild foodie

It's obvious to me that conflict is inevitable, if a government leaves the people no other recourse. We will see if that happens as we get closer to that outcome every day. Sad, because fighting would suck... even for a just cause it would still suck. A lot of people would die and I'm even more affraid of the government(s) that might form in the power vacume. Wouldn't a foreign enemy just LOVE to swoop in on a weakened America? Then we would have to fight them too. A civil war might be the downfall of our country, and not the rebirth of liberty as most of us would hope.

4. Timba

Timba Monkey+++

Sad indeed... we'll see what everyone does with all that's going down.

5. Timba

Timba Monkey+++

Doesnt look good unless you're wanting to fight so far...

6. Stealth Camper

When I wasn't a parent, decisions were easier to make. My views have changed a little with age. I play the long game now. Never let gungho bravado take your eyes off the prize.

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Who are we all kidding. The time for violent revolution is way past due.

avagdu likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

It's just that all sides are waiting for the first shot to be fired.
    Then all hell will break loose.
    Until then, we stacked them high and deep. Then higher and deeper.
    When it reaches a point that gravity can not keep it from collapsing in upon itself, That will be the time we call the event horizon and the black hole is borne.

As for another nation coming in .. erm, we'd probably stop the civil war/revolution to kick the interlopers out and then once that was completed, we'd return to infighting.

Just a guess.

tacmotusn and STANGF150 like this.
  10. Stealth Camper

Espionage, infiltration, subversion and interdiction is the best bet. Only attack your enemy when you have the advantage. Use overwhelming force on smaller units and instillations. And remember always: Without the support of the populace, a guerrilla force has no chance of victory... that's about all from me. Maybe everyone should stop paying taxes? If money is their God, that might starve them out like ticks on a dead dog

tulianr likes this.
  11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Frankly speaking, I can see this coming. I'm too old for this crap and hopefully this'll blow past me & mine or better yet not happen in my lifetime.

12. Stealth Camper

My Dad (Vietnam vet) says the same thing. Hope your both right.

Harbin likes this.
  13. captaincarl

captaincarl Monkey

Wolverine, y'all!

14. VisuTrac

I'm not sure. If it's going to happen, I want it on my watch. I wouldn't wish it on my kids and their kids.

Plus, just think about the indoctrination our current crop of school children are receiving. You think they'd actually fight for the constitution?

We are only 1 or 2 generations away from socialization. And I may be optimistic.

EDIT: I did say I'd want it on my watch. I did not say I relish the idea of a fight, but if it does come, bring it while there are still some that cherish the consititution.

bebop, Mountainman, tacmotusn and 5 others like this.
  15. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Way optimistic !!! In fact I'd say more like 1, maybe 2 ( pushing it ) Presidential elections..

Mountainman likes this.
  16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Armed conflicts may happen but I do not believe they will be in support of our Liberty. People are too damned apathetic and too heavily invested in debt to their masters. It is interesting to note that the original Revolutionaries in our Nation were mostly upper-class business men and most of the common working man could give a rats ass. The Upper-class would incite the rabble with booze and slogans and get them to rioting or revolting. King George got tired of the costs of maintaining an Army half a world away and said "OK, go for it..." The same upper class, not many of them actual fighters in the revolution (Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, most of them) never carried a gun or fired a shot. They formed a great nation, but it was designed to be led by them and they, the businessmen, still run our country. It has just reached a time where rhetoric about liberty gets in the way of productivity so we, the rabble, get the same back seat we've always had.

17. Brokor

There once was a time I would say, "I can't wait for something to happen..." Which later changed to, "I just want it all to burn the f&*k down."

And in retrospect, I have to say that I still feel like it all should be burnt to the ground, but I can also see how difficult it would be as a parent to even consider the consequences. If I had children, I know I wouldn't want a violent revolution, heck I still don't want it to happen as a non-parent. But, I also do not want to live in a police state, I do not want to be regulated and promulgated and subjected to arbitrary laws and codes and policies on a daily basis. I do not want to watch our brothers and sisters dying in some desert for corporate profiteering on the trade of guns, oil and drugs. I do not want a two party political system which offers nothing outside the realm of greater government control and lessening individual rights. I do not want my fellow business owners to go bankrupt and seek labor at a corporate fast food chain or fall into unemployment dependency. I do not want to see millions of illegals pouring across our borders and granted amnesty time after time while tens of thousands of roving gangs freely murder, rape and kidnap at will. I do not want to be a part of a collectivist state and be forced to pay out of my hard earned income at the tip of a barrel and hit squad. I do not want to turn on the television and see one corporate channel after another indoctrinating our youth and spreading lies to support an illegal, tyrannous oligarchy disguised as "democracy and freedom". And I do not want to watch my fellow Americans fall in line with group-think and become complacent and accept tyranny over liberty.

We each have the right to freely do as we choose and prosper as long as we do not harm another or their property. When we ignore our duty to the republic and the need to secure liberty, we end up with a long list of wants. A revolution is absolutely to be the very last draw, the very furthest we are willing to go --and yet, as some of our founders have stated, it's also necessary. Now, all things being equal, what are the odds of a good 'ol revolt taking place this long after our very own civil war?

To the current established government, we are its enemy. To me, the game has only one ending. It doesn't seem to matter what I want. All that matters is what's right.

avagdu, Byte, Moatengator and 8 others like this.
  18. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Hate to say this but this is fast becoming the best option for a long term solution. hissyfit

19. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@Brokor - Gotta ask, how many people have actually voted in your poll and how many people did you think would actually vote in your poll?

20. Brokor

I made the poll so everyone can see the results, is this not working? Looks like 25 agree and 7 are not opinionated. None disagree yet. I didn't start the poll for any reason besides an attempt to illustrate how serious the issue is. I guess most who frequent here would have voted to agree.

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. oil pan 4
  6. Motomom34
  7. BTPost
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. OldDude49
  12. Dunerunner