Post Apocalypse Job Search

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by F. Ticious, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You are not alone...

Alpha Dog and larryinalabama like this.
  2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Not only that,,,cattails are still dormant........ but lawyers arent full or lies..........gezzzzzzzzzzzz

Alpha Dog and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

But RH, he a LAWYER!!! *looks down in disappointment suspecting RH not gonna let him use his rope he finally found* :(

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

(y) Sorry if my executioner image is becoming tarnished but I'm in too good a mood to add the knot to it for him

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Hard to say who he is but his grammer and spelling exceed mine. Wonder if hes a gooberment spy?

Gator 45/70 and Alpha Dog like this.
  6. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Thats okay, I can do it!!! *gets out his boyscout manual & turns to the knot tieing section* :)

7. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[ROFL]

8. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Gentlemen, and madam, I did not venture into your group to cause dissension. I am aware that my questions may seen elementary to those of you who have really studied preparedness, unlike those of us who merely threw dollar bills at it, but be assured that my questions, observations, uncertainties are all authentic. I envy those of you who have the practical knowledge that I lack, that is why I have come to you.

Since completing my little shelter, some would call it primitive, I try to add slight improvements every day as it's deficiencies become apparent. Today, I reinforced the overhead since the night air brings a good amount of moisture with it so it takes the better part of the day to dry. I am concerned about roof rot.

I had quite a good supper of watercress and crayfish. Mr. Seacowboys was not too specific on how much watercress was too much watercress so I tried to err on the side of caution. But it was delicious and being ravenous, finished the entire pot. After all the discussion about poisonous turtles and musk glands, I didn't feel confident enough to try that yet but the video posted will be a great help when I clear up a few details about their suitability for human consumption. Since finding myself in my current circumstance, hunger has helped me develop more of a "cast iron stomach."

I've been able to snag a number of those grocery store tee type plastic bags that seem to catch the wind and float about like white Chinese lanterns. I've added a number of them to the structure but have reserved a few for other uses that may arise.

Luckily, when I made my hasty departure, I had my Gerber all purpose tool in my pocket and a machete strapped around my waist. That has proved invaluable. I have been experimenting with sharpening the blade on a variety of stones in the area, setting aside those that seem to give the best result. My honing stone was one of the things left in my truck when it was "impounded" by the locals so I'm trying to find a reasonable alternative. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to your opinions, even your jokes about my naivete. After thinking of myself as the next Bear Gryllis, I am humbled to find that it will take years before I could ever expect to fill his great shoes, if I live that long.

In advance, I thank you for sharing your expertise.

9. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Mr Alpha Dog, those are indeed funny. Even we lawyers can enjoy a good joke at our expense and we laugh along with you - as long as you pay your bill

10. RightHand

Frank, regarding those plastic bags - they can be very useful. You can put a water container inside one, put it in the sun and it will improve the heating rate. They decompose pretty rapidly so don't depend on them for long term use. Also, be grateful there have been a few litterbugs there before you. Most of us are very careful to carry out anything we have carried in.

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I'm thinking CS and FT are the same person.

Cephus likes this.
  12. RightHand

Another thing Frank, I think you should start reviewing the useful posts in our Bushcraft forum. This subforum of the general Survival forum contains so much useful information you, of all people, can't afford to skip it.

Bushcrafts on SurvivalMonkey Forum

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Trust us, you haven't caused anything remotely approaching dissension. There are other threads that have done a MUCH better job of getting teeth bared.

I have to say that I think your problems would be greatly lessened if you got a boat to live on. I think that another member has a shanty boat he might be willing to sell or rent you.

[yack]

14. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Wow, Mr. Seacowboys wasn't kidding about that watercress - My trench doesn't flow downhill fast enough to accommodate the current requirement. Opps gotta go

15. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Think I better bring a bucket inside for tonight. I wonder how long this will last. I didn't know the human body contained that much fluid that wasn't blood

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am starting to think Mr. Grits is pulling my leg here; George, is that you?

17. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Hello Mr. Seacowboys. I was hoping you would be here tonight. I have a few questions but they are a little embarrassing to talk about in mizxed company. May I PM you again?

18. Seacowboys

Two of the administrators have pmed me that you are using my IP address? how are you doing this?

19. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

OPSEC, mr. Cowboy

chelloveck likes this.
  20. Seacowboys

grrrrrrr

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7