Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend - Yahoo News

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Motomom34 likes this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Way east of me, but it IS about time to throw a bug bomb in the storm shelter.

Mike, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I need to make a confession. I am a closet Weather Channel addict, during stormy weather I have been known to watch for hours. Looks like I should monitor things this weekend. I dislike the violence that it causes but I think the weather is an amazing thing.

Mike, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just stick me smack dab in the middle of that bright red loop.

Storm shelter packed and ready and we just got back from a $230.00 trip to the FEED STORE.

See y'all on the flip side Sunday.

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

One can never tell when a twister may spawn. They are so violently frightening. To think that your home and everything you hold dear could just disappear is hard to imagine. I remember the bunch that hit a few years ago--one after another and some that stayed on the ground for miles.

Mike likes this.
  6. ReadyYankee

ReadyYankee Monkey+++

Stay safe.

Tornados where I come from are rare but they do occur. It doesn't take much. An EF1 ripped the roof off a nearby elementary school when I was a kid, killed several students.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Mike likes this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

One chased us down a country road once. No turn offs for many miles, and we blew a tire........that was the fastest tire change I've ever seen outside of Nascar.

Mike likes this.
  8. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

I, too, am a weather channel addict. But my thing is because I am typically where either bad spring/summer weather is, or bad winter is. Somehow I always end up in those kind of places at the wrong time.

kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Mike

be careful out there, HK

kellory likes this.
  10. Mike

Yup, -06, and I was in Joplin a month before the big tornado and a month after. Amazingly scary how much damage it did, and you could see the track it took. Where it was there was nothing, where it was close, damage, and a bit away, untouched. But that monster was big, did an incredible amount of damage.

kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

As a kid on our N.C. farm I was in the potato shed with a salt shaker eating raw potatoes. Twister came through and took out our barn just 100 feet away. Parents were going crazy hollering and running about thinking I was in the barn. The heavy rain prevented me from hearing them--sure was glad I was not in the other. We never found some of the things there and some of the tin wrapped the electric wires shorting them out. Twisted our home about 8-10".

ditch witch, tulianr and Mike like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mike, Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That's so darn cute that Grandpa (you) checked to make sure they were not in harms way with this predicted weather. That just warms my heart.

Mike and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

alaskachick made him do it, he's less, ah, soft ---

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[fnny]

Mike likes this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We would follow the tornados path in helicopters after a storm. Amazing to see how it's path would wiggle all over the ground.

Mike and Motomom34 like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Gator 45/70 that would be amazing to see. I think it would make you feel powerless. Tornadoes are so erratic. You never know when they are going to drop.

Mike likes this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We once had to run a gauntlet of water spouts crossing the Gulf, I think I counted 34 in a 45 minute time span.

Mike and Motomom34 like this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

North Carolina parts of under tornado warning. Stay safe all!

Mike likes this.
  20. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Ducking and dodging them as I type. One hit about 3 miles from my place.

Mike likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7