Survival Gear DEALS: Made in the USA Only

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Brokor, May 23, 2011.

1. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Bump

Bump-de-da-bump-bump:D
    Gafarmboy

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Here's a site that has a items listed by type of product: Americans Working (Made in the USA Products Directory).

They have the lists separated by product (say, Shoes, for example). Within each category; you'll also find that some manufacturers (New Balance, for example) do not manufacture all of their shoes in the USA, but some of them. It's worth the extra couple of seconds that it takes to make sure that you're getting the American-made ones (IMO). In fact, on NB's site, you can search "American Made" and they will list only their item numbers that are made in their American facilities. Again, worth it, in my opinion).

Hooray for Made in America!! :D

Did you know the Necco candy company is the oldest multi-line candy company in the US?

3. jukk0u

jukk0u Monkey+++

Corrections to previous list

4. Just B

Just B Monkey

5. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

Carhartt isn't American made..at least not the carhartt stuff I've seen. My own jacket is mexican. Some stuff is Chinese.

Also, the bumpfire stocks are NOT legal in CA...not that it's a surprise.

My Kershaw Vapor III knife I got, which is seriously as good as their american made ones, is made in China.

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Out of the 6 Carhartt jackets I own, all are Made in USA except 1 and it is Assembled in Mexico from USA made components. Granted I have not purchased or received a new Carhartt jacket from a mechanical contractor in a couple of years. The latest one given to me from a contractor as a safety award is the one Assembled in Mexico.

I have yet to see any Carhartts products Made in China, not saying some are not I just have not seen it yet.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

History
    spacer. HeartCar.
    spacer.

Hamilton Carhartt was born in 1855 in Macedon Lock, New York. He grew up in Southern Michigan and his entrepreneurial style was reflected in the modifying of his last name by adding an extra "t" to ensure he would stand out from other businessmen. He initially established a furnishing business which would continue to drive his ambition to succeed and lead him to create his own products.

With some helpful advice from his first potential buyer, he realized his products had to be different. After talking with a railroad engineer, he created an overall garment specifically for the railroad worker which had never been made before. Hamilton Carhartt founded his namesake company in 1889 and began making work wear with a single goal in mind: Set a standard of excellence to which all others would aspire. Starting with only 4 sewing machines and about 5 employees, the first products manufactured were overalls in duck and denim fabrics. By traveling from town to town and visiting each railroad division, he was able to establish himself in the overall business. With entrepreneurial vision and determination, Hamilton Carhartt established a brand that has stood the test of time.

The Great Depression had a devastating effect on Carhartt resulting in only three plants remaining in the U.S. after 1930. Hamilton and his son Wylie established the "Back to the Land" campaign leading to the joint opening of the Irvine, Kentucky operations with the towns people of Irvine. Carhartt's Manufacturing Administrative offices are still located in Irvine, Kentucky today.

We grew throughout the early 1900's establishing more than 17 plants and three mills throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. "From the mill to millions" was our motto and was reflected in our operations which included cotton production, denim mills and apparel manufacturing facilities. Carhartt Master Cloth was designed and woven especially by our mills for use in Carhartt garments and was pledged to be the best cloth that could be produced.

Hamilton Carhartt passed away in 1937 at the age of 82. Today, his company remains a family owned operation committed to the mission of providing Best-in-Class apparel for the active worker.

"I believe that when a man wears an article that I manufacture, his self-respect is increased because he knows that it is made by an honest manufacturer, who is honest with his employees" - Hamilton Carhartt

spacer. HeartCar. spacer.

Brokor likes this.
  8. troyp47000

troyp47000 Monkey

i second Tactical Tailor. They are just down the street from me and give alot of freebies and custom stuff to the guys at JBLM.

9. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

China is where I draw the line, for ideological reasons as well as quality issues. Pakistan is another that comes to mind and for both reasons stated for China. I don't do Venezuela, Cuba or Mexico either.

10. edcDroid

edcDroid Monkey

I'd say leatherman makes great quality tools which could be useful. bladehq.com seems to have reasonable prices.
    I used to own the leatherman wave, used it daily as well in the shop. but it had disappeared some years back. Recently purchased a skeletool, lighter and more likely to carry it instead of leaving it at my work bench.

11. IndieMama

IndieMama Monkey+++

Wigwam socks are USA made.

Brokor likes this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Grew up wearing those. Haven't seen 'em in years.

13. IndieMama

IndieMama Monkey+++

I found them in the women's dept. at Fred Meyer on Back Friday. It's a west coast area grocery/department store, in case you are not out this way.

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm not there, but know of Fred from way back times in Longview.

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

MADE IN THE USA

Primal Gear’s Compact Folding Survival Bow

The Primal Gear Unlimited Compact Folding Survival Bow
    HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE QUIVER FOR THIS BOW:

UPDATE: THIS BOW IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. THE WEBSITE IS NO LONGER OPERATIONAL WITH SAME COMPANY. (Check second-hand market)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    natshare, Elessar and kellory like this.
  16. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

natshare, NotSoSneaky and Brokor like this.
  17. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sams club has 10 packs of Burlington 80% cotton socks USA made @ $11.98.

18. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

20. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

whites work boots.spokane washington i believe
    penn fishing reels.... philadelphia PA

zippo ,mag light and Pelican all have great warranty programs i have sent pieces to each place and recieved full products back...for dam near nothing

1. Alanaana
    Media

Hi_I'm_Carl

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 17, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. johnbb
  3. JC Refuge
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Motomom34
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Ganado
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. 3M-TA3
  12. hot diggity
  13. OldDude49
  14. DKR
  15. Thunder5Ranch
  16. RouteClearance