The 10 Bushcraft Books by Richard Graves

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by RaymondPeter, Oct 27, 2008.

1. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

The below links have changed and do not offer the pdf for download anymore. See post #5 http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/the-10-bushcraft-books-by-richard-graves.10923/#post-118980 for the pdf in full.

Here's a link where you can download read all 10 for free:

2. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Re: 'The 10 Bushcraft Books' by Richard Graves

Wow! Great pdf! Thanks for the link [boozingbuddies]

Byte

3. bigerny

bigerny Monkey+

Re: 'The 10 Bushcraft Books' by Richard Graves

The 22 has always been my favorite round,and it's nice to see someone went through the time and trouble to prove its worth.[applaud]

4. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

Computer dummy here again....

How can I save these to my desktop in pdf form? I'm on a mac.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Byte (thanks!) sent me the original PDF that was grabbed before the format of the above mentioned link changed. Here it is:

Attached Files:

6. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

Thanks Melbo! Much Appreciated!

7. MickE

MickE Monkey+

Wow, What a shame this is no longer in print. After serving for a decent period and doing courses in bushcraft/survival, I hadn't learnt some of even the most basic of skills listed here.
    Sweet read, thanks for posting!

8. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Cool. Good reference book.

9. RonRay

RonRay Monkey+

Thanks much melbo! I've been looking for this one.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Richard H Graves

Richard H Graves, was an Irish born Australian; author of "Australian Bushcraft: A guide to survival and camping" and had an association with American servicemen during WWII, so he most probably would have been pleased to know that the survival knowledge that he had developed was shared and appreciated by the Americans at this site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Harry_Graves

11. AKM.

AKM. Monkey+

They still appear in 2nd hand bookshops and library sales- I still have my copy from when I was in Cubs, and recently found a copy for 50 cents, yep, 50 cents, lol, in a library sale-will be for one of the kidlets one day.
    I love my PDFs and printouts as much as anyone; but having a hardcover printed copy is still my preference. Must be getting old, lol

12. jpfiddler

jpfiddler Monkey+

Bushcraft was quoted in "Shelter"

I came looking for Bushcraft after seeing a reference to it in Shelter, a lovely book by Shelter Publications from 1973. I needed some usable detail on thatching a roof. The Graves' material shown in Shelter was perfect.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Thanks Melbo!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7