Two off-grid communities seeking participation

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Dust of the Sun, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DanF

DanF Monkey

Hail, Please contact me about the 2 locations. I have alot to offer. Ready to start yesterday

2. sms2583

sms2583 Monkey

Hi,
    My name is Sarah and I currently live in VA. I'm a property manager and I have a beautiful three year old daughter. I don't want her growing up here...or anywhere like this. I'm tired of fighting to live when instead I can do it myself. I would love to join a community that is safe and that I can learn from. I'm strong willed and would love to meet with someone. Please contact me at [email deleted, please use PMs]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  3. adam112786

adam112786 life is only a dream.

Would love more information about these locations, and joining procedures. People wanted, jobs needing to be done. All info possible, please and thank you

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have leased @20 acres of the farm to individuals who will be moving in non permanent housing or constructing semi permanent housing on their individual @one acre plots. We will also have a large "community" garden in the bottom by the stream. Will be cleaning out the springs asap and pulling county water from the rural meter for the "softies". We will be primarily solar but will have access to local lines if desired. We are trying to stay off grid as much as possible. We are in rural NC about 50 miles East of Charlotte. Nothing special yet but it is starting to shape up. We meet about every week if interested. This is a serious venture so if you are a whacko do not waste your and our time even contacting. All plots will be kept neat and we will be neighbors to each other. Putting up sheds with in the next two months for community gatherings. If you are serious about leaving the mess behind and being an upstanding contributing neighbor then just "holler".
    PS, we have a gathering in NC near Rockingham 7-8-9 Nov. Hope several from here can make it. Good stuff covered; water filtration, fire starting/building, food storage, reloading using old tools, compass use and land nav, plus lots of range time at the pistol/rifle/shotgun ranges. Bring your fishing gear for we camp beside the lake. Cabins available($20 nightly) or tent ($4) daily camp fee.

5. sherylncs

sherylncs Dr Lizzy

I went off-grid around 1990 and hope to return to the life asap. I'm looking for a good community or someone to buy land with. I am a M.D. of Alternative Medicine. I'm 48 so what I can't contribute in hard labor, I can contribute in knowledge and resources and holistic services.

6. kpb84

kpb84 Monkey

Hello all,

First off I’d like to introduce myself, my names Kyle. I’m a 30 year old graphic designer of 15 years who’s been struggling with forcing myself to live a modern lifestyle in a society I truely do not enjoy. Currently I’m living in Casa Grande, Arziona (Central Arizona), ever since growing up in Wyoming, I’ve loved everything nature has to offer, even the harsh winters were some what enjoyable in north western Wyoming. Anywho – I’ve forced myself to live a lifestyle I don’t want to pursue anymore. I’ve always felt out of place in a urban setting yet have never actively had the chance to attempt or learn off grid living, but have had the passion for it since a little boy. I have been contemplating trying to live OG on a 4 acre plot my friend currently owns in Olympia, Washington, but things have fallen apart there and honestly, I have no idea where to start.

I’m an avid fire arm enthusiastic, love the out doors, and actually enjoy working – I do pride myself on having a work ethic even if I hate the work I’m forcing myself to do. I quit this last job two months ago and have been struggling to readjust and keep forcing this mentality upon myself that its 2015 and you HAVE to live a modern, dependent lifestyle. Forcing this upon myself I’ve become a bitter shell of what my youth was and am looking for a more meaningful life. I’ve been a huge fan of survival, outdoors, prepping, hunting, anything nature related, outter space, science, you name it, and would LOVE to learn more but actually doing.

I’m looking to get away from this modern lifestyle and help support others and myself in a way that living should be done, by actually living. I’m a hard worker whos willing to learn the tricks of the trade for a sustainable lifestyle, please, if you’re looking for an open-minded, fun loving, bitter, sarcastic, artistic, outgoing personality with a willingness to learn everything there is to not be dependent upon consumerism, please, email me via private message. Though I do not immediately come to the table with OG living experience and fully understand transitioning will be difficult but I’m 100% willing to do this.

Thank you in advance
    Kyle B

edit: Interesting this forum picked up an old avatar I used for an online game....

ETA: Kyle B, in the interests of your privacy and to prevent flooding your email with junk, Admin has removed your email address and substituted the suggested use of private message contacts. Survival Monkey takes personal security seriously. If you wish to have your email restored for member and nonmember access, please send a PM to any admin or moderator.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  7. Slade

Slade Monkey

Hey really TRULY interested. My email is (PM me for an eMail). My name is Dylan. I am an Ohio native and would love to spend time in virginia living off grid. I can frame, chop wood, make fires,and cook. Im only 28 so i can work long and my back can take it lol. Anyways please get to me with more about this!

Moderator's Note: We frown on embedded eMail Addresses in Posts, on this Site, as most of us follow the "First Rule of Prepping" which is OPSEC....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  8. moeshandy1

moeshandy1 Monkey

Please contact me about the 2 locations. I have alot to offer, excellent building skills, also can cut and color hair, men and women, . Ready to start yesterday...

9. strongwolf

strongwolf Monkey

I am interested in joining the community immediately... please send me some info.

10. freeman

freeman Neophyte Monkey

Is this opportunity still available?

11. jerry martineau

jerry martineau Neophyte Monkey

me and my wife would like to know how we can get in touch with her asap thank you

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Cruisin Sloth and 03k12gt like this.
  13. hello i am interested in the central virginia loc i have many outdoor skills to offer am willing to work hard you can reach me at Deleted
    EDIT by ghrit.
    Flower, I've taken the liberty of deleting your email address in the interests of your OPSEC. Anyone with info for you can use the private messaging system.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  14. BirdNDannyK

BirdNDannyK Monkey

We have a small Veterans Community in KY. We have been looking to add 2 new members or couples. We are not fully off the grid right now, but steady headed in that direction. It takes a lot of time & resources to build a truly sustainable community. While city folks pay gym memberships & pay trainers. Pay for courses & retreats to learn the natural ways of with the land. We live it. Sharing our skills, talents & resources. Our current home has an extra bedroom while your chosen home is being built, set up. The community comes in, in gardening, animal care, preserving foods... We each live in our own separate homes. There is to much to type here. We did start a Face Book page called "63 acres" There is a good forum to be able to meet & talk. Anyone can join that group & talk about what each community/group is looking for in new community member(s). So we can all find our best fit. Right now I have been using it as my catch all, as we did not buy or set up that acreage, but this one of 20 acres instead. That way no one has to give out email addys, phone #'s, actual locations unless on an individual basis you want to hook up in a private message. I see a lot of folks hoping, wanting, looking for a community to join, & several communities looking for members. So I put it out here & see what happens !

15. ashbrook979

ashbrook979 Monkey

My husband and I are looking for a place like you are describing! We plan of getting a travel pop up trailer for temporary housing. We would like to work on property doing whatever is needed. My husband did 10 years in Army. Would love to hear more about what is needed or if there is a monthly rent or if it is work exchange.

BirdNDannyK likes this.
  16. RoosterB

RoosterB Neophyte Monkey

Plz give me more info on the NC place. I'm currently off the grid in Western NC (Hiddenite) and this is too cultish for me

17. BrianJudd83

BrianJudd83 Neophyte Monkey

18. Kennyg

Kennyg Neophyte Monkey

I am very interested in the mc location as I am sincerely looking for a way out
    Of all this craziness. Please let me know some contacting information for
    These people. Thx

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  19. Rockstarsurge

Rockstarsurge Neophyte Monkey

Hey there, i used to live in hickory, but moved to jersey. What can you tell me about the community you're in. Id like to find a place in that area again.

20. Fred Seton

Fred Seton Neophyte Monkey

I am now building a workers cooperative tiny house village, with several tiny to almost tiny timber frame houses and a central dining/kitchen/theater/laundry/freezer. The central building will contain a clean burning high efficiency biomass co-generation plant that will heat all of the houses and central building with radiant floor heat plus generate electricity. Most furnishings, widows, doors and such will be recycled from Habitat for Humanity. This will be combined with a large grid-tie solar system, with the object of producing more electricity then the village uses. All toilets will be composting sawdust type. To conserve land use and encourage a community atmosphere house will be clustered close, at least one meal a day will be shared. Only walking and small electric carts will be used in the village. Green houses and gardens will grow most of the food needed year around, also generating a surplus to share. The shops used for manufacturing are about six hundred feet from the village. The business’s have internet service, with no Wi-Fi or Cell phone service in the Village. There are four successful business’s now operating on the site, with a new startup Hexaloghomes which is now building the Tamarack Village little houses.

My wish is to turn these present business’s into a sustainable Co-operative supporting the village and future of families working there. Fred Seton, xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx

EDITED for personal content. We recommend anyone interested contact you via private "Conversation"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7