U.S. On Alert For Nuclear Blast Overhead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Essentially they would use this rocket to launch a nuclear weapon package into an orbit. With remote control they could decend from that altitude pretty much wherever and perform an airial detontation which would result in an EMP event. Can they (NK) do this and have they been trying to learn how to pull it off- not sure, but the technology and method is feasable. That is the threat.....

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Since the NKs do NOT have a Global Comm Network, all such DeOrbit Commands CAN NOT be done in Real Time, and MSUT be upLinked while the Orbiting Package is above their Radio Horizon. This makes it significantly harder for them to be precise in their Targeting... Very similar to our experience, before we had CommSats in Geostationary Orbits, 40 years ago.... Missiles, back in that day, could hardly be considered precise Weapons, more like City Buster Hand Grenades. "Close enough for a Nuke, or a Hand Grenade" was the saying back then..... Today, we can pick the window, or Vent Pipe, the Tomahawk will fly into, of a building, 3000 Miles away, and it goes off, without them even knowing it is coming.... or a Trident Version 3, coming in at Mack 7, loaded with a Glass Parking Lot Maker, for 35 miles around the IP...... That Ageis Destroyer, sitting out in the Sea of Japan, is there to Kill any LAUNCH, while in Boost Phase, and they have the hardware to do it... onboard, and warmed up.... Make NO Mistake.... If that happens, that boat, will go to Emergency Flank Speed, to put as much distance between themselves, and NK, as possible, before the Incomings Hit.....

NotSoSneaky, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  3. Yard Dart

I think I heard on the radio this morning that they now have two of the destroyer's on station as of today, for interdiction of missle threats. That Aegis system is a beautiful work of art and can see everything. And if we know of 1 or 2 units, that probably means we have more lurking in the AO not identified as of yet. And you are exactly right about their job- they are not part of the annual exercises ongoing with SK. They are on watch, ready to go with standing orders to shoot anything coming out of the ground that is a launch threat to us or our allies in the region. At that stage, things move really fast and the situation goes from bluster to bang in a few seconds in that part of the world. What happens beyond the initial action is for all to wonder- but nothing good for them PRK boys, that is for sure. CINCPAC has their binder out for this exact scenario and they are running thru the play book.

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Do not think he is fool hardy enough to strike---surely he is not deluded enough to think he and the country could survive. If our dip s--- poser prez was worth a d--- he would simply issue one warning----shut up or face the consequences. To me a threat is the same as an attack---if he says he is going to do something then stop the potential strike quickly and effectively.

BTPost and ghrit like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ah US and NK. D--kwads running both countries.
    And either one is stupid enough to do something really really stupid to save face.
    Never bodes well.

NK doesn't need to lay waste to one of our cities, just get enough height out of a container launched device.
    click, US is done. Woosh, big bright flash to the far east, NK is glass parking lot. Japan is even more irradiated, and China rules the world.

How nice.

6. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Maybe not fool hardy enough to strike, but definitely stupid enough.

7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Who's to say there ain't a nuke on the satellite that's already up there. It only has to hit a target 3,000 miles wide. If it goes boom anywhere over us it's "mission accomplished".

Not that I'm all that concerned about it, Just saying .

tulianr likes this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

@Mindgrinder, if a missile launches from north Korea, the response should be immediate. and overwhelming. By the time anyone COULD object, the counterstrike, would be converting the landscape into a wasteland. If you want to buy into the big game, you play with the big boys. Threats are a waste of time. Just like if you aim a gun at me, you better pull the trigger, because I will. You have crossed a line that can not be allowed.

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  9. PlumbNutz

PlumbNutz Pissed off citizen

Seems to me that North Korea is a Boogeyman that gets pulled out of the back pocket every now and then. Hopefully, it is just more saber rattling to help justify the Defense budget.

Silversnake likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Tell you what, I'm more interested in what the kerfuffle over NK is hiding. Sun Tzu said something akin to drawing attention away from the real objective. What's hiding in the bushes, not being talked about? If there's nothing there, then NK's bluster is a joke and has to know it. (They aren't that stupid, are they? Or is the old guard jerking fat boy's chains before the purge?)

The whole deal reminds me of two (or three, or four) professional wrestlers mouthing off before the match.

Harbin, VisuTrac, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  11. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

That's what I've been thinking. Being involved in secure military communications in the past make me more concerned about what is NOT being said rather than what IS being said... Drawing world focus off of Iran so they can do something unnoticed? Any more speculation that that (and I have plenty) would belong on the Tin Foil Hat Lounge so I will refrain from posting it here..

12. Yard Dart

Some part of me thinks they are covering their buddy Iranistan and whatever they may be up to. But that just me- other than that they are a bunch of crazy bastards that are willing to do anything to keep their people toeing the line- and the power they maintain over them.

tulianr likes this.
  13. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Old guard might be prepping for a coup. Couldn't happen to a better idiot.

tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7