20 million tons of debris from Japan’s tsunami moving to US

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Up to 20 million tons of debris from Japan’s tsunami moving toward west coast <hr style="color:#ffffff; background-color:#ffffff" size="1"> Watch out when it arrives! doh. I wonder if there will be any radioactivity materials mixed in .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/20...143640503.html

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I suspect that most if not all of these debris will NOT have much Radioactivity associated with it. Simply because it left the area, of the Reactors, on the first few receding Tides, and Outflows, from the Tsunami WAve itself. This all happened Days before there was ANY release of RadioActivity caused by Containment Breaches. Those happened a few days later, when the Cooling Systems failed, and the Hydrogen Explosions took the Tops off the Containment Buildings. My Opinion.... YMMV.....

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

That's nothing compared to the amount of junk we bring in on ships all the time form japan. I wonder how much this is going to cost the US in clean up.

jasonl6 likes this.
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I was watching the fixed wing aircraft and helo's floating around...Now that would be some valuable souvenirs! Not so much the wood, trash, junk cars and such! I can see another massive "loan" hitting us on this one!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Wonder how much of that junk will wind up on ebay....?

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Now there's a great way to get rid of the stuff! IF any of it "glows in the dark", there will be a heck of market in no time!

7. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

"Japan discovers way to ship goods free of charge using natural means."

*somewhat longer shipping time

Seawolf1090, UGRev and dragonfly like this.
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Oh no, China will have to "improve" on that idea!
    I can see it all now, large "catchnets" for the floaty wrapped conex boxes!
    Sheesh!
    I've heard a lot of talk about going green and saving energy, but this is just way too much over the line!

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We could start our own "Sea Transport" company.....

Some old fishing nets from out-of-work fishermen, a truckload of cheao Chinese rubber duckies, scavenge the styrofoam from the trash dumps......

Bada bing! FLoat 'em on the prevailing currents! ;)

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Yeah, this is just Japan's revenge for Hiroshima. Remember, we made them clean up after us. :evil: [stirpot]

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'd call it free fuel....Got to be a couple of hundred propane bottles in the mix...

Falcon15 likes this.
  13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Just so long as you don't forget to pull them out before burning the pile...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7