32 Guage ??

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by janismurray, Jan 16, 2021.

1. janismurray

janismurray Monkey

On a ammo site and they had 32 guage shotgun shells........Never heard of 32guage-you???

Oddcaliber likes this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's pretty rare and the only reason you found it is because everyone was out of everything else.
    I wouldn't bother with it. The weirdest I would go is 16ga because you can still get buckshot and slugs, it's still in stock a lot of places last time I checked and then beyond that in weirdness is 28ga. Normally 28ga is only available in bird shot.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The odd ball stuff got shoved to the back of the buss when we were forced away from lead shot for bird hunting, sadly, the performance gaps were too great, and my fav. Renington 1100 "Sweet 16" now sits in the back of the safe most of the time, unused and unloved! I do take it out and run a few boxes through it now and then, sure do enjoy shooting it, but it lost it's edge when we went away from lead!

Oddcaliber likes this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

RELOADS!!! DIY!!!

Oddcaliber, johnbb and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

32 gauge is to shotguns what .17 or .22 lr is to rifles!

Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I've heard of it. Smallest I've seen though is 28 gauge. Some guy I used to work with back in the 80s had a set of 28 gauge barrels for his skeet gun. Even back then he spent upwards of $8 grand for an over / under and thought that was cheap, a little too high dollar for my tastes.

If I'm going to spend 8 Large or more for something that goes bang it's going to be full on Rock 'n Roll

Oddcaliber likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

8 large won't get you on the skeet range with a barrel swapper. MAYBE with two quality guns in different gauges. Some of the really dedicated and wealthy will have a swappy but those are the guys that will spend 15 or 20K for a fully adjustable Perazzi trap gun. I've seen 28s, but like Altoid, 32 is heard of but not seen.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Altoidfishfins and Oddcaliber like this.
  9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

My last trip to Academy all I saw was 28 gauge. Mighty slim pickings.

10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Too rich for my blood. And since that guy had basically the same job as mine, I suspect it was a little too rich for his as well. 8 grand 30 years ago might buy you a decent vehicle which I needed far more than a skeet gun.

Alf60 and Seawolf1090 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7