5.11 Tactical "RUSH" backpacks on sale, 60% off, 12/21 & 12/22

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by natshare, Dec 21, 2020.

1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Figured I'd better post this, so anyone interested can take advantage of this incredible sale. This is unprecedented, imho. 60% off? No way! Yes way!! (y)

I just picked up a Rush 12 backpack, for under $40. Normally around $100! Rush 24's and 72's are on sale, as well. So if you need a reason to gift yourself something nice, for Christmas, this is it!

FYI, ebates/Rakuten is also offering 3% cash back, for 5.11.....and if you have a Chase Freedom card, one of their 5% cash back deals, for this quarter, is using it to check out, via Paypal. Having done both, that effectively covered the 8% sales tax, that the gummint jammed me with! :rolleyes::sneaky:

RUSH BAGS 48HR SALE - 5.11 Tactical

Why are you still here, reading this? GO!!! :LOL:

Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

On the thread of holiday bargains, I have been giving my daughter tools the last couple years to get her to a minimum set of tools to make repairs around the house, minor repairs to her car etc.

Got this for her. Pretty nice set that seems to be on a par, if not better than Craftsman. Haven’t turned nuts with them but feel good in my hand and life time warranty. Fall midway between Harbor Freight’s Pittsburgh line and their new Icon that is trying to compete with the tool truck brands. I am not a huge HF fan but this seems decent quality, the Youtube/internet opinions seem to mostly approve. One of the things I liked is it doesn’t skip the less common size sockets which many sets do. I might buy a second just to keep in the truck or my wife’s car. The price is sure right.

Merry Christmas.

AT

upload_2020-12-21_17-11-14.

SB21 likes this.
  3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

As good as Craftsman used to be but no longer is, I have been way happier with S-K (I bought) and some Proto (that were given to me.) Had a few disappointments with other brands and knuckles all skunned up when cast wrenches broke, and I wasn't even using a cheater.

4. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Yeah, Craftsman has gone down the tubes. I used to be a fan of Indestro but when it died out shifted to Craftsman. Not sure who to favor now.

Used to use Snap-on wrenches back in the 70’s early 80’s when I was turning wrenches in a shop regularly but the chrome would peel off the wrenches and cut my hands. After 3-4 warranty replacements for most of the the set I was done with Snap-on. I have some S-K and Proto sockets and a few wrenches but after the regional auto parts chain that carried S-K closed never saw much of them again. Figured they went the way of Indestro. The tool truck brands (Snap-on, Mac, Matco) seem over priced and the predatory business model they employ to suck new young mechanics into debt to them offends me. So, I just kind of drift now: Husky, HF, China Craftsman, Kobalt, Dewalt. Might start looking at Dewalt more regularly since Rural King has picked them up. Where do you find S-K these days?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    SB21 likes this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Amazon
    MSC industrial
    Grainger
    Others, I imagine. I can't attest to recent quality, I've not needed to buy a new one in 20 years.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@natshare Just a quick word of thanks for putting out the word about the 5.11 rucksack sale.

I've used their rucksacks for years in my career hauling my gear around the world and they are indeed the utmost in high quality.

Currently, I have a RUSH24 (excellent bag!) but picked up a RUSH12 on this sale to replace a cheapo bag I bought in a hurry and never have liked.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

natshare and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7