5 Reasons the Galil ACE is a Better AK than an AK

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Apr 22, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Thanks.... Now, I want two or more, 5,000 rounds and 20 mags! :mad:

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

she is chambered in 5.56×45mm or 7.62×51mm or 7.62×39mm

so ya can probably use da stuff ya already have (y) (y)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

WAIT!!!!

cause I was nice n sweet n shared...

you can... I'll let ya... honest!

buy me one too... [Moto][biggrouphug][woot][boozingbuddies][YD]

5. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

After reading the article I ask myself a few questions. If it's so great, then why has it not been adopted by every AK equipped nation on earth? PRICE. $1700-2000 each commercially. Even government contracts probably couldn't get the price down to $1400.

Aside from the mags and ammo, there is not any common parts compatibility.

AK sights are poor compared to Ace? That is easily remedied with a Texas Weapon System top cover that gives you a peep sight and also gives you a longer sight radius, even though the sight radius on an AK is about 14 1/2 inches and the sight radius on an AR-15 carbine is about 14 1/2 inches also. The pic rail give you optic options instead of the traditional side rail mount.

Charging handle and safety gripes are legit though. I have seen charging handle conversions, but they just leave a huge open area for dirt and debris to enter. The authors claim that you have to remove the firing hand from the pistol grip is absurd. I move my non-pistol grip holding hand across the rifle to disengage the safety without issue.

There are adjustable gas pistons for AKs to account for firing suppressed. This cuts down on the recoil and over gassing. The "common tread pitch" for the muzzle is disingenuous since most suppressor companies carry suppressors in 14x1LH and 24x1RH, or at least the quick mount in that thread pitch.

I'll admit that I want all three Aces, but they are not AKs, so quit comparing them to AKs. I once embarrassed myself by nitpicking an AK comparing it to an AR, only to have the instructor tell me that if I wanted my rifle to do everything an AR does, then buy an AR.

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7