6.5 Creedmoor

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by SB21, Feb 6, 2020.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Has anyone here put a 6.5 Creedmoor upper on an AR lower ??
    Have you had or heard of any issues in doing this??

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

mornin Sir SB (y) (y) .. ..

yep plus yep .. .. pretty sure monkeys have done it .. .. do not recall which monkeys .. ..

[dunno] [dunno] about issues

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Got anymore information?
    PSA Gen2s work well with PSA's

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Was wondering if there may be any issues on a S&W M&P lower .

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I wouldn't expect any issues so long as you aren't using an aftermarket trigger group with a low mass hammer. The standard MIL SPEC type should work just fine along with ALG and Gieselle. Unfamiliar with other brands, but all of these have no issues with the heavier primers used in military ammunition.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think we are talking 2 different platforms?
    The 6.5 Creedmore is in the Ar10 platform
    If your trying to put it on an Ar15 platform then I'm pretty sure it wont fit at all.
    Are you thinking perhaps a 6.5 Grendel?

7. secondrecon

secondrecon Monkey+++

yep you sir are right

Altoidfishfins, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  8. secondrecon

secondrecon Monkey+++

I would not put the Creedmoor on any Ar platform it is a pretty heavy cartridge for any AR

SB21 likes this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I may have been thinking of the grendel. I was reading some specs on the 2 , 300 blackout ,, etc,, etc,, just looking at wish list stuff on PSA ,, I haven’t done any builds or swapping stuff around and was just thinking of adding a few accessories for the heck of it.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Glad you cleared that up - I thought he was referring to the S&W M&P 10

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A 6.5cm is pretty much a 308 necked down to 6.5mm with the pressure turned up to 60,000psi.
    That's not exactly how it happened but gives you a general idea of what you're dealing with.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

3M-TA3, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  13. sec_monkey

[chopper] [chopper]

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

The 6.5 G is a fun little cartridge and a real deer slayer. I built one for my uncle. I've not played with the 6.5 Creed as it just doesn't trip my trigger, but know plenty that have. If it was me, I'd build a bolt gun in that calibre if that's what I wanted.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  15. sec_monkey

I agree with TM but would suggest one of each (y) (y)

2 is better than 1.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I did look at the 6.5 , C and G ,, and , for some reason , in that caliber , I think I would rather have a bolt action , and looked at a few of those as well . But , I was just shopping around and thinking , haven't really added much to the stockpile lately , outside of my current supply of lead . And , If I was to aquire another caliber of rifle , then comes the ammo stockpiling issue . Although , If I had the time and money , that would be an enjoyable issue .

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

But what if you are morally opposed to bolt action and the lack of a detachable high cap mag.

18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Everyone has got to live amongst their morals ,,, Bolts do have their purpose tho ,,,

19. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I have them both, and in my case, the main semi auto LR308 shoots sub .50 MOA all day. The primary bolt gun in 308 shoots sub .250 MOA all day.

As for the difference, the semi auto is more fun to shoot, but I do not have the same mental connection that I do with a bolt gun, maybe it is because I am using my hand to retract the bolt, pull the spent cartridge from the weapon and pushing a fresh cartridge into the weapon.

As for most bolt weapons not having a detachable box magazine, well that is one less item you do not have to worry about losing in the field.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7