670 ballots in a precinct with 276 voters,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 7, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Hmmm.... how odd?

Washington

Habersham County’s Mud Creek precinct in northeastern Georgia had 276 registered voters ahead of the state’s primary elections in May.

But 670 ballots were cast, according to the Georgia secretary of state’s office, indicating a 243 percent turnout.

The discrepancy, included in a number of sworn statements and exhibits filed as part of a federal lawsuit against the state by election security activists, comes amid swelling public concern for the security of Georgia’s voting systems. Georgia is one of four states that uses voting machines statewide that produce no paper record for voters to verify, making them difficult to audit, experts say.

And cybersecurity experts have warned that there were security flaws on the state election website leading up to the 2016 contest that permitted the download and manipulation of voter information.

Read more here: 670 ballots in a precinct with 276 voters, and other tales from Georgia’s primary

2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Somebody is eating a lot of crow today after being adamant that the system is without flaws.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It is flawless as long as mostly democrats get elected.

Oddcaliber, DKR, Brokor and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Damn Russians!

5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

In a precinct that small everyone should know each other

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

It goes way deeper than the failure, deliberate or accidental of the voting machines in the election. The left is screaming that if they only count the legal residents of the country in the census as numbered, citizens and others here legally, they won't get the share to cover the illegals from the government in programs that distribute resources based on population. In some states, California comes to mind, have a high enough illegal population that it could be big money as well as extra representatives in the house..In addition some states are trying to make the voting more representative, Maine, or nonpartisan primary elections where the two top vote getters run off in the election, and thus you may have the choice between two democrats when you vote for the office.
    There is some statical analysis that the 6500 out of state voters who registered to vote in New Hampshire may have cost Kelly Ayoute her senate seat. She lost by about 1,000 votes and the out of state registrations on election day weere concentrated in the highly democratic college towns. Totally legal and just part of the gotch's and partisan politics that now dominate the system

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

All leading up to REAL ID, coming in 2019 as memory serves.
    More government, more control, less freedom, increased illegal immigration, more controversy and turmoil. It all leads up to radical change. As long as the majority of Americans continue to accept their "government" as being legitimate, this will only continue.

Mountainman and Zimmy like this.
  8. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Personally? The only permitted, and mandatory, voter ID should be your DD-214 or active service ID. You don't serve, well you shouldn't have a say in how this country is run.

Oddcaliber, Zimmy and SB21 like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Yep...that's how the Founding Fathers saw it too....but dang...them abolitionists and Republicans done freed the slaves 'n' gave the franchise to coloured folk, injuns, chinks 'n' women too. [sarc1]

10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

There was a reason G Soros dropped such large money in many Sec of State elections - to steer those who counts the votes.

You know - the whole...
    [​IMG]

11. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I never understood the fight against voters showing an ID. In AZ you register with the DMV and get an early mail-in ballot. It seem's like a good idea for the rest of the country. Our gun laws also.

Gator 45/70 and Mountainman like this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are two things here. The first says, essentially, that "all citizens are honest and honorable, and it is disrespectful to ask for proof." The other says that if no id is required, anyone can vote, after all, those that show up to vote and say they are eligible voters (citizens) they can vote.. You can see who benefits from not requiring an id.

Personally, I hate the idea that my word is doubted, but I like the idea of non citizens getting into the voters booth even less.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I'd be perfectly fine with it if illegals simply voted for third party anarchists and libertarians.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am going to veer a little off topic but this has to do with voter registration. Many states now have public access to voters registration. If you register to vote, you have to put down a physical address. That information is easily pulled up on the internet. That bothers me because if you are someone who does not want your address exposed, you can't register to vote. Example: if a woman is the victim of domestic violence, her location will be exposed by registering to vote. I am not sure that is a good idea. How could they protect that small percentage that needs to have their address hidden without given up their ability to vote?

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

So, this comes up from time to time and it's a slippery slope. If you feel that way, then it's also fair, in the abstract, to say those who didn't serve, and therefore have no say in the process, shouldn't have to pay taxes. If you have no say, you shouldn't have to pay for it all either.

Not being difficult but if the only people who have a say are those in the military or those who served, do you not have a defacto military government? And nobody who is intellectually honest with themselves can claim that you haven't just created a class system (protected class at the very least), which is something we all claim to fight against.

The only way service = citizenship works is to have compulsory service with zero exceptions and a 2-3 generation phase in/grandfather system. Otherwise you continue to disenfranchise millions of (otherwise) legal "citizens".

We're dealing with something similar at work. We are trying to implement charge back for projects, but my team is the only one collecting, while every team under my CTO is trying to pull from the account. I told the CTO that one of two things will happen In on the next 30 days...the other teams start charging back and contributing to the pool or they get their hand slapped and told NO in the strongest terms and they knock it off. If not, my team won't collect another dime and charge back will die in it's infancy. One group cannot sustain the entire whole and I won't be the only one paying for everyone's stuff.

I'm not going to be the only one paying taxes for everyone else's stuff. If it comes down to it, we'll all starve together in the bread line!

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

No argument with any of that. I would like universal conscription, but that will never happen. As for the taxes: we pay far too much in taxes in general, but if the non-vets use the roadways, are "protected" by LEO, have their fires put out by the fire dept, protected by our military, etc, they should indeed pay.
    But in the meantime I am beyond fed up with the screaming political monkeys, that have no understanding of history, or the civics of this Republic telling me what to do.
    I do know that for the most part, Vets seem to have a much greater appreciation of what this Republic bestows, and don't usually want to run it into the ground.

Zimmy, DarkLight, ghrit and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

"Personally? The only permitted, and mandatory, voter ID should be your DD-214 or active service ID. You don't serve, well you shouldn't have a say in how this country is run."

"I do know that for the most part, Vets seem to have a much greater appreciation of what this Republic bestows, and don't usually want to run it into the ground."

@Lancer - I think you're taking your military service a little to serious here putting those that served on a superior pedestal to all others. I spent 20 years working on ELINT and COMINT systems to keep you guy safe out there. So I still don't get to vote or appreciate this Republic like you do? Just because I wanted to go to school instead of into the service does not make me any different from you.

Motomom34 and oldawg like this.
  18. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You could spin the whole"only valid ID for voting is..:

Why not a property tax receipt? If you're not paying for it, why should have a say?

On welfare? No vote, sorry..

Former con? Convicted to domestic violence? Let your dog poop on the neighbors lawn? IOW, where does this end? A Constitutional right is just that.

Mountainman likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am not on welfare but I am a renter. I do not have a property tax receipt but I do pay to live where I do. Are you saying I should not be allowed to vote?
    As for the military, I couldn't get in due to pre-existing conditions. I tried but they wouldn't take me. But I am a person who has worked since high school, not committed a huge crime and pays taxes. I think I should be allowed to vote if I choose. As for military vs. civilians, we are all just people. I know a Navy guy that served over 10 years and just got in trouble for beating his kid.

20. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Women and minorities join our military.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7