A boat as a BOV and as BOL

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

A boat large enough to survive the open ocean and Wind Powered would provide isolation and therefore some security until you are discovered. Then, you will want a cruiser class ship to repel the pirates!!

[​IMG]

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

It worked for Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

[​IMG]

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm on the water 1/2 the year, I see a lot of potential in a boat for getting out of Dodge. With this Ebola scare going on i can see myself fading into the swamps for months

kellory and CATO like this.
  6. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

I suppose this is assuming a very large body of water where you can remain off shore far enough to not be detected. I think as in the past boats are a wonderful form of efficient transportation but susceptible to pirates, etc. You will have to from time to time make land fall as well and then you are vulnerable.

As a form of getting out of the hot zone to some place of safety then IMHO they have some merit. There are always problems being a refugee however but many can be overcome with knowledge and planning.

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have toyed with the idea of using our two canoes as the basis of a catamaran type craft. A couple sheets of plywood would give them a 8'X12' deck (using 12' lengths). Could be dismantled for portaging but stable enough for "open" or rough water.

8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I have worked out an evac plan involving a small grain freighter . But there is generally one parked within 15 miles of my house and it is only 20 or so mile to open ocean.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7