1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

A boat as a BOV and as BOL

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

A boat large enough to survive the open ocean and Wind Powered would provide isolation and therefore some security until you are discovered. Then, you will want a cruiser class ship to repel the pirates!!

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

It worked for Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm on the water 1/2 the year, I see a lot of potential in a boat for getting out of Dodge. With this Ebola scare going on i can see myself fading into the swamps for months
    kellory and CATO like this.
  6. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

I suppose this is assuming a very large body of water where you can remain off shore far enough to not be detected. I think as in the past boats are a wonderful form of efficient transportation but susceptible to pirates, etc. You will have to from time to time make land fall as well and then you are vulnerable.

As a form of getting out of the hot zone to some place of safety then IMHO they have some merit. There are always problems being a refugee however but many can be overcome with knowledge and planning.
  7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have toyed with the idea of using our two canoes as the basis of a catamaran type craft. A couple sheets of plywood would give them a 8'X12' deck (using 12' lengths). Could be dismantled for portaging but stable enough for "open" or rough water.
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey++

I have worked out an evac plan involving a small grain freighter . But there is generally one parked within 15 miles of my house and it is only 20 or so mile to open ocean.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary