A Legendary Pistolero - Owen John Baggett

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chelloveck, May 31, 2018.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

/\ /\ /\ /\ Try THAT with a 9 mike mike!! .45acp 1911 Colt, the only way to fly...........or parachute. [winkthumb] [gun2]

Ura-Ki, Dunerunner, Bandit99 and 3 others like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Kudos to Baggett for his humility and resisting the temptation of becoming a braggart. His survival as a Japanese prisoner of war is impressive in itself.

Ura-Ki, Dunerunner, ochit and 3 others like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Very Nice video chelloveck! I thank you and salute you sir. LOL, don't mess with Texas or a man packing a 45 Colt.

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

More than any of us will ever know.
    Thanks for the post Chel

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki, Meat and 3 others like this.
  6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

He was from Texas That's almost a given, just about anywhere you go and if something amazing or interesting happens one of them is from Texas, from the moon to anywhere on the earth whether aid workers, christian volunteers, soldiers in ours and other nations military, bleeding edge to leading edge there will be a Texan, like Audie Murphy, one of the most decorated WWII soldiers, Alan Bean astronaut walked on the moon here is a list of some others known the world over. a favorite saying here is, "God bless Texas" and God has.
    Famous Texas People

With all the worries about a financial crash here some who are not prepared might find out how it feels to loose half your weight. looking at what a financial and governmental failure might look like, I watched some videos that claim that the average Venezuelan has lost over 20 pounds and the children are failing to grow or thrive.

Meat likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You Texans give me Gas... You had better quit bragging, or we Alaskans will cut Alaska in Half and Texas will become the Third Largest State....[lolol]

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki, Alf60 and 8 others like this.
  8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Not bragging it's just funny how a places pride motivates it's people in some cases to do extraordinary things or seems to play some part in how their people react, Alaska has that same type of pride. back in the day England had it. In this case Baggett acting in true Texas fashion figured if he was going to die he was going to make it a fight and someone was going to at least walk away limping. I liked that he took out an enemy pilot as they can do a lot of damage and killing, plus the loss of a plane in a theater of war the replacement cost of another pilot and plane to get it from Japan, he did his duty well with what little he had. I relish the fact that he did it with a 1911.

BTPost, oldawg and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I’ve passed this story around. Amazing! I’ve never heard of him or this tale. Murica!
    :D

Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Be ware the Man who carries a FuddyFive, he is like to know how to use it, and use it well! And only 7 or 8 rounds, take that Glock!
    God bless the Texians!

Alf60 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7