A Marine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jan 24, 2019.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Justin Monk Father First, Marine Second. Burn Pit

As a starting linebacker on Stephenville’s back-to-back state football championships in 1998-1999, Monk was known for his intensity. His senior season, he led the Yellow Jackets in tackles and totaled more than 450 stops during his three years on the varsity.

In track and field, Monk earned two varsity letters. As a member of the school’s mile relay team, he helped set an SHS record.

As a senior in 2001, Monk became Stephenville’s first-ever state champion in powerlifting and set school standards in bench press (325 pounds), squat (550) and deadlift (550), for a record total of 1,425 pounds. He helped lead the Yellow Jackets to the boys team powerlifting state title that year.

Monk was intending to play football at Hardin-Simmons University but instead enlisted in the Marines after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. He served in the infantry and was a squad leader during a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2005. He was involved in Operation Whalers, a sequel mission to a compromised SEAL team operation in which Marcus Luttrell was the Lone Survivor. Monk was honorably discharged in 2007, ranked as a sergeant.

Monk returned to Stephenville to earn his bachelor’s degree from Tarleton State University in kinesiology and nursing. He is a registered nurse in the Hamilton Healthcare System. Monk resides in Hico with his wife, Monica, and four children.

Take a knee, he is tough and we must support him.

Gator 45/70, techsar, GOG and 8 others like this.
  2. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Semper Fi Hold Fast Fight On

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Semper Fi Sgt. Monk .
    He's definitely not a quitter , and motivated as hell . we'll pray he win's this battle as well .

HK_User, oldman11, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Semper Fi Oohrah!!!
    Kick some Ass Stg. Monk!

Oddcaliber, Alf60, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My thoughts and prayers will be with Sargent Monk and his family. He a remarkable man who gave so much.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers ongoing for Justin and his family... This story and many like it are difficult for me to deal with, I feel Justin is blessed having you, his family and friends supporting him in his time of need. God Bless you...Sir!

7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It never fails to amaze me how many young men and women joined our military forces after 9/11 inspired them to do so. We always speak of 'The Greatest Generation' but I wonder sometimes if we ignore or are ignorant of the fact of those same individuals are around us, each and every generation. Granted, 'The Greatest Generation' sacrifice and courage is one our nation's greatest and most inspirational stories, the stuff which legends are made, a national treasure. They answered when called to face a tremendous challenge on a world scale so their exploits are well known, researched and defined as well as their sacrifice.

Personally, I think 'The Greatest Generation' still lives on, are always with us and answer whenever called, each and every generation. Granted, they are few in numbers but they always have been and that never seems to deter them from answering. Sergeant Monk is certainly one of those few. He is great and the stuff of legends. God Bless and get well soon.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Found this today on FACEBOOK.
    [​IMG]
    Monica Monk

6 hrs · · Update- Justin started running a fever yesterday afternoon so I brought him in. It got up to 104 and his blood pressure has been really low. We stayed in the ER until around 2 and then they moved us to the ICU to try and get his blood pressure back to normal. He has not had a fever since around 2 so that is good. They are looking at giving him a blood…

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers continuing...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7