A Pay it Forward Thread for the Comms Forum....

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by BTPost, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I want to remove a Complete Kenwood TM-D700 DualBand Radio System, minus Control Head, from my inventory of stuff... I have given @Falcon15 First Right of Refusal, because he got my original TM-D700 System, few years back, and he just might want this as Backup for that Radio... If he does NOT want it, I will send it to any Monkey Ham Operator, for just the costt of shipping... I. will leave this thread here for a week, and then move it to the Buy & Sell Forum, if no takes it... Pictures available upon request... Flat Rate Shipping is about $20US, or so.....

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's a really nice gesture . I've ben thinking of getting my Ham license , just haven't made the jump . If I had my license , I'd take you up on the offer . I'm sure it won't take long to find a home for it .(y)

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Since the system is EOL, any idea of what the control head runs these days?

4. BTPost

If I had to guess, since these are obsolete, in the neighborhood of a Couple of hundred bucks... The Control head for the TS-B2000 is exactly the same device, but since it is also obsolete, the TS-B2000 version is just as hard to find... You can usually find one. occasionally in a Pawn Shop, or on eBay due to the Crook stealing it from a car, but not realizing that it is just the Control Head, and not the whole Radio Systems...

@Falcon15 says he doesn’t need the stuff, so it is available to the first Monkey Ham...

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@SB21
    You gotta start somewhere. Maybe if you have the 700 in hand it will incentivize you.

techsar, SB21 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

How is @Falcon15 these days? Used to listen to his internet radio show.

7. BTPost

He is doing fine... as a Single Fellow... Rumors are that he might be leaving Florida, and heading west... How far remains to be seen... He still runs an Internet Radio Music & Talk Show on Sundays...

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yes sir , I've been thinking of one of those handheld Baefong . Something inexpensive to start with .If you could recommend one , I may go ahead and order one , and get started .

9. BTPost

OK, a Monkey Ham has contacted me, and will take the Kenwood TM-D700.... So, I am moving this thread to the Buy & Sell Forum and locking it.... Thanks for looking.....
    Bruce in Alaska <BTPost> AL7AQ

techsar, Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7