Adm. Ronny Jackson [ USN ] nominated to be the next VA Secretary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sec_monkey, Mar 28, 2018.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Let us hope he gets things fixed!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

yep (y) (y), hopeful but :cautious: :cautious:

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Jackson is an MD, not a line officer. That does not lessen his accomplishments in the least, and it does make him a better choice than another dot mil officer. Now, if the orange man is not too impatient for results, he might get some of the VA sorted out.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, I have my doubts... There has been some very intelligent people who have been broken by the VA. General Shinseki is one... It's a Mission Impossible. I still believe the VA should be stripped of the medical portion, turn it over to civilian hospitals, maybe keep some of the specialty units like the Burn Center but for the most part completely civilianize it. Just my opinion...and I don't have a dog in this fight.

Zimmy, Motomom34, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah, I had very high hopes for Shinseki to succeed. I don't know why he failed, but I've a real, live, suspicion that politics was involved.

The main problem with the VA is an inbred inability to accommodate change for any reason. In truth, I'd like to see the whole ball of worms privatized and modernized AFTER burning out some weeds and dead wood. Then again, after the fire, maybe it would not need privatizing.

Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Let's hope it works because something needs to be done. A Vet just killed himself in the waiting room at the VA this week. The Vets need help and in some areas they are not receiving it.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Meh....another newbie occupant of the Strumpet's revolving door administration...let's hope Jackson's head doesn't spin too much....when the revolving door spits him out as easily as it has admitted him to the White House Mad Hatter's Tea Party.:rolleyes:

9. duane

duane Monkey+++

Very limited experience with VA is that the administration sucks, bureaucratic nightmare of lifers with a goal of career advancement and minimizing expenses, while many of the people on the ground, especially in the nursing homes, are some of the finest people I have ever met. While I do not like the way the government runs the hospitals etc, I believe that adding 20 or so percent to the cost by privatizing it and hiring Nigerians to staff the nursing homes to minimize expenses as the private nursing homes have done in this area will not solve the problem. At this particular moment in time, Jesus Christ himself would be criticized in the particular political clime we now live in.

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7