Alaska State Land Sales.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Mar 22, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Land Department, Dept of Natural Resources, State of Alaska has announced the 2018 Lands Sales... Enclosed you will find the Brochure for this Land Auction....
    Note: The First Auction is for Alaska Residents ONLY... However after these parcels have gone thru the First Auction, and NOT Purchased, they go to the "Over the Counter" Sales List and that is available to ANYONE, for the Minimum Bid Price......

Alaska State Land Sales OTC List available NOW...

Attached Files:

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

They lop off a pretty good amount for vets !

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep. We like VETs... Especially Shooters... and Mechanics... Staff Pukes, Not so much...

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well with the Missus going through menopause .. I'm thinking she might like the cool weather up there. Of course, she'll contribute to the melt of the snow pack on McKinley

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

You may have just solved the mystery of global warming,,,,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

$100k for 5 acres seems high.

7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Over-priced swamp land with little or no access. I live in Alaska and I never bother to even open the adverts anymore.

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Conversely you could take that 100K and get a really nice patch in Utah, NV, AZ, CO etc. and build a mansion on it.

9. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

No offense intended here. But...

...after looking over that PDF, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way, not any way on God's green Earth, that I would pay those kinds of prices for property in Alaska. That certainly applies to any state where the average temperature throughout the year, is anywhere near 37°F (~2.8°C). Not to mention, the idea of having up to 24 hours of day light is just a bit much for me. I'm happy now, with half my day being - well, day, and half my day being night.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7