All Gun Owners Please Read !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tacmotusn, Jul 20, 2010.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>I was at the VA for a doctors appointment in May, and I was indeed asked these questions, but no explanation was given about it. The following is from an email sent to me from a friend. Be damn careful what you tell any doctor!!!

By a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I had a doctor’s appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting I would like to pass along.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed?

2. Did I feel threatened?

3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions,

I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Vietnam vet and 15 year cc permit holder. Looks like they are going after us vets.

Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners as potential terrorists.

If you are a veteran, you've been warned. If you know veterans, please pass this on to them.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This has also been a long standing policy of the military. If for any reason you are treated for PTSD or have reported any signs of depression and taken medication for it, this will cause serious problems for you later on and it will prevent you from not only concealed carry, but owning firearms at all.

3. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

How can DHS even get involved in this? CCWs are state issued and in every shall-issue state I know of there is no requirement to "not feel stressed".

Not saying they won't get involved, just that they have no constitutional right to do so.
    And that brings up another point:
    A law can pass the supreme court with flying colors every time. But when the federal government has unlimited resources as it now does, there is nothing preventing them from running roughshod over your rights, doing whatever they want with you having to bear the financial burden to defend said rights.

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I, as a veteran of Iraq, was also asked those same exact questions, but they were asked in what is known as a Post Deployment Reassessment Questionnaire.

These questions have more to do with the high rate of suicides that are now occurring with vets of OIF/OEF respectfully. There has been quite a few cases where vets have shown classic symptoms of PTSD and become suicidal with the VA turning a blind eye to those in dire need of psychiatric help. The results have been devastating with the result of the VA being sued by the victims surviving family members.

Even though these questions can be used to take away your 2nd amendment rights, I would still like to see those that truly need help answer these question honestly. Who knows, that those who have been deployed numerous times and have reached their breaking point could be one of your own family. How would you want them to answer the above question?

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I understand and agree to a point with your concerns about a vet getting the help he or she may need. The problem here is the VA is just to close to Uncle Sam. Right now Uncle Sam is Obama and his anti gun minions. If due to this illegal violation of Patient Doctor privacy a vet loses his right to own firearms the odds of getting this right restored is very close to zero. This is no different than a police officer with mental issues. He or she cannot go to the police shrink or they can expect to be riding a desk, with advancement odds severely reduced. A vet needing help needs to find someone to talk to no doubt, but the VA shrink or GP doctor should be the last resort. A trusted friend or family member, or clergy would be a better choice. A private practice shrink if they could afford seeing one. Losing your gun ownership rights practically forever is just one step up from death as far as I am concerned. I carried illegally before right to carry must issue laws for law abiding citizens existed. If I lost my gun rights I will again!

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No offense to the families who have lost a loved one to suicide -my own brother also committed suicide more than 20 years ago, but I personally have little respect for a system designed around medicating people in a futile attempt to "help" them. I know that you are 100% correct, RC. I remember my own PD questionnaire well. However, if a soldier decides to treat his stress with medication, he can kiss his gun rights goodbye also.

I don;t have to tell you this, but we live in a world where the PEOPLE are the enemy to the Federal Government. On paper. In fact. In practice.

Coming after the vets is to be expected. We're the most dangerous to them because we know how to kill an enemy effectively.

7. bjr711

bjr711 Monkey+

Thank you to all of you vets who have defended this country and kept it safe. You may be doing it again before you know it on our own soil.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We are already doing exactly that, but using A1 for now. We stand ready to use whatever tools we have to hand and to use in defense of the Constitution, including A2.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7