All purpose cleaner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SB21, Jun 24, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've used this stuff 1 time. It has come recommended by a friend of mine and his wife that has been using it for years. It's called Dr Bronners Hemp Pure Castille Soap. It comes in a qt bottle for around 15 bucks , maybe a little more depending on where you get it . I trust my buddies judgement , and his wife is into healthy stuff , and all that organic stuff which this stuff is. It comes concentrated , so diluting it is the way to go. He said they've been using the same qt for a year and still have a quarter of it left. Being organic , they use it as body wash , dish soap , the dog , says it works as good or better than CLR , and an overall cleaner for showers , toilets , floors etc. , says it cuts grease better than GoJo and those other fruity smelling gritty cleaners. It is a deep brownish yellow color , but he dilutes it down to almost clear color and keeps some in a small little soap pump bottle by the sink. Just passing it along in case some may be interested.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Been using Castille soap in various blends for years, some better then others, but it also depends on what its blended with and for! Will have to check your recommendation and see if I can find it, and if it works as you say, might be the next best thing to hit the Ura-Ki house hold!

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

why is the Hemp version better than the other Dr Bronner soaps?

SB21 likes this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Castile soap is an olive-oil-based hard soap accordin to the wiki

it is roughly based on Aleppo soap which originated in Aleppo, Syria which is produced using olive oil, lye n laurel oil

the Romans n others in the med had similar soaps dating back quite a while .. @ least around 100 AD or earlier

Motomom34 and SB21 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I use a 1:1 mixture of liquid Dawn and white vinegar for things like showers, bathtubs, sinks etc. Heat the vinegar in the microwave add the Dawn, stir and pour into a dollar store spray bottle. I just spray and let it work then scrub a bit if needed and spray off. Works like a charm. For carpet stains use 2 parts vinegar to 1 part Dawn.

Motomom34, Ganado, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

you can't smoke the other ones --- just kidding old hemp joke :D

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Couldn't tell ya ,,,,this stuff just came recommended to me ,,,thought I'd pass it along in case someone here might be interested. Maybe I should have done a little more personal applications before posting. [dunno] [whiteflag]

Ganado likes this.
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

castille is a good soap just wondering if hemp was better for some reason,,, the oil?

the cleaning part is the lye in hard soap, the oil is usually the carrier medium

@SB21 I appreciate the recommendation, I was just wondering if it was different, no harm no foul, just a question

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We have Dr Bronners Baby Hemp Pure Castile Soap. I use it on my face and hair. I bought the baby formula because it is not as harsh, cleans but moisturizes. Hemp is appearing in many lotions because it allegedly has moisturizing properties. It is great stuff and they say you can even use it to bathe your dog.

Pure-Castile Liquid Soap

Ganado likes this.
  11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thanks
    Motomom34

good links to purchase and diluting

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7