Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, Sep 2, 2022.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Always look on the bright side of life:

Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and Seepalaces like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am considering going to the voting booth in November painted exactly like this...except my hair left me years ago so I will have to get a wig. :)

4. chelloveck

I'm not sure that going to vote dressed up like an antisemite washed up actor would be a particularly good look....besides, it didn't end well for Billy Wallace. :LOL:

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. William Wallace was not an anti-semite... and who cares if he was? Please explain to me what an anti semite is... or a semite for that matter. I guess being antisemite is better than being Chinese. Speaking of which I would like to apologize to our new overlords... I may have said some bad things about the Chinks so I officially apologize. Here is a video apologizing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Bandit99

Yeah, I got to agree with enloopious here, besides I don't believe he's an Antisemite. I think he was drunk, totally and completely pissed out of his mind when he had that rant with the police officer. He obviously had marital problems and, speaking from experience, that can make one go off the deep end and drink, drink and more drink. What I DO know is he is an amazing actor and director and have made so many amazing movies that I can't name them all but Braveheart is my favorite so...so yeah, I think it's a grand idea to go to the voting both dressed as a blue-face Braveheart William Wallace...if I can find some hair. LOL!

BTW I think he is STILL an amazing actor and director and watch everything he is involved with.

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Everything else aside it is very disturbing that you can not separate character from actor :(

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  8. chelloveck

The actor has no character worth emulating.

As to the historic personage known as William Wallace, I think he'd be bemused that his sacrifice for his people would become tarnished by becoming an American culture wars meme.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. enloopious

The Patriot? Benjamin Martin? Yeah... I didn't think you supported patriots.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  10. enloopious

Antisemite

a person who has a hostile, prejudiced attitude toward Jews : an anti-Semitic person

The root word Semite gives the false impression that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic people, e.g., including Arabs, Assyrians, and Arameans. The compound word Antisemitismus ('antisemitism') was first used in print in Germany in 1879[6] as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ('Jew-hatred'),[7][8][9][10][11] and this has been its common use since then.

It seems pretty obvious that calling Mel Gibson an antisemite is the wrong use of the word. It is a religious term and has nothing to do with the race of Jews... which is a common mistake made by people trying to vilify another. You are basing your entire statement and view of a good actor on the words of a drunken thief who said that "something like 15 years ago" she heard him say "oven dodger or something"? You just throw that around like its a fact? Maybe stop watching TYT. Its clearly rotted your brain.

Winona Ryder Arrested for Drugs, Shoplifting

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Bandit99

Let me ask this...given the state of Hollywood and how it contains a huge number of powerful Jews, does anyone think a true antisemite could rise to the stature of stardom like Mel Gibson?

I remember a few years ago a Megan Fox compared her director to Hitler and Spielberg had her fired, even blacklisted for a while, not sure what happened in the end and truly don't care... So, I do not believe Gibson could be an antisemite and exist in his career all those years. Yeah, he went off the deep end due to serious martial problems, leading into alcohol problems which made things worse. He cleaned up his life and hopefully we'll see and hear more great things from him again in the near future. I understand he is deeply religious, so hopefully he has been able to draw strength and perseverance from his faith.

enloopious likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oven dodger? That's rich!

enloopious and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7