1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Amazon Dash & Fresh, Something I will not use

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Mar 31, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

More mindless push and click order more crap.... no use for me.

But when I see devices like these that they send out free I look for another use for them...hmmmmm

Amazon.com: Dash Button

Amazon Dash Button - Official site - Request an invitation

How it works

Dash Button is simple to set up. Use the Amazon app on your smartphone to easily connect to your home Wi-Fi network and select the product you want to reorder with Dash Button. Once connected, a single press automatically places your order. Amazon sends an order alert to your phone, so it's easy to cancel if you change your mind. Unless you elect otherwise, Dash Button responds only to your first press until your order is delivered.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Ridiculous. People are getting so they can't do anything yet they never have time and are always tired. You can say it or scan it, how lazy is this. Amazon is great but it is getting too all encompassing. Half the people that are going to use this need to drive to a store, haul their a$$es out and walk into a store to buy their laundry soap. The exercise would do them good.
  3. stg58

With my fruit and vegetables I don't want them delivered in a box picked out by who knows.

At $1.38 I can get 4-5 pounds locally some green and some more ripe...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bananas, Yellow, 2 lb
    Other products by Del Monte Fresh Produce

$1.38 ($0.69/lb)
    Motomom34 likes this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Smartphone? Is that a flip phone that reads your mind and then operates its self?
    Motomom34 likes this.
  5. stg58

An interesting take..

Amazon unveils fresh signs of imminent apocalypse
    Amazon unveils fresh signs of imminent apocalypse - Notes & Errata by Mark Morford

Attention, hackers! Please come work your needful magic. Please hurry, trickster disrupters of the increasingly corporate-owned, brand-controlled, nefariously automated American Dream™, and help us throw into harsh relief The Darkness Into Which We Are About to Be Oh So Thoroughly Subsumed.

Behold! Amazon’s latest foray into casually ominous home invasion, the creepy/awesome, are-you-f—king-kidding-me Amazon Dash button thingy. Are you ready?
    Motomom34 likes this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Whiskey Tango Foxt..........oops..Hotel...!!! I suppose products will be delivered by drones....................OK............ummmm ........That is soooo kewl !! Push a button and a target appears!! Can't wait for this! [drooling] [gun]
    Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary