Ammo cost

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Jul 30, 2020.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Has anybody seen the new prices for ammo? 9mm for $0.80 rd,45acp $1.00+ rd,it’s unreal. And my wife getting mad at me for spending $8.00 for 9mm and $25.00 box for 45acp. I might ought to sell a couple box’s and buy another gun.
    [flag]

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

On line is one way to see if local supply prices are right or if fear is the basis for a bit of gouging.
    OTOH even +p+ 9mm is hard to find as a way to feed a AK V but by comparing prices it will give you a heads up.
    Not much else I can really add for each part of the nation is different.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

And, 5.56 is not much better and most places here limit how much you can purchase. This is why some friends come sniffing around asking if I want to sell some..."Now why in the world would I do that?" The damn fools! They have had all the time in the world to stock up but now, when the feces is about to fly, they finally start worrying about it. Idiots!

4. HK_User

Ammo?
    Gosh I'm fresh out!

Alf60, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

But who would have thought the price would go up so much. If things don’t change some people are not going to be able to hunt this year. Walmart had only five boxes 30-30 ammo and very little of other calibers. I have enough to last me for awhile.
    [flag]

Oddcaliber, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Thank God for my reloading/casting building...
    Just ordered another 15k of spp and srp's.

Oddcaliber, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have my pick-ax handle ready,Locked and loaded she is !

Oddcaliber, techsar and HK_User like this.
  8. HK_User

Sorta the same here as I just re-handled an old swing blade grass whip with native ash cut down and made to fit..

9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Go to ammoseek and checkout the prices for ammo that’s in stock. Unreal.[flag]

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Keep an eye on psa as well. They have some normal priced 308 hunting ammo on the current daily deal

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You can still find high velocity rifle ammo for stuff like 243, 30-30 and bigger.
    Stuff like 5.56, 300bo, 7.62xcommie and most pistol rounds for get about it.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and Oddcaliber like this.
  12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Same here as well. Academy has bare shelves. Best I can do for now is 20 gauge birdshot! Local pawnshop has ammo but at inflated prices.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7