Amphipod AirFlow MicroStretch Belt

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

AirFlow Microstretch Belt™ - Breathable, comfortable, no-bounce waist belt for carrying gear, music and essentials on-the-go.

My wife runs. And runs. She goes long distances and over technical terrain. On the trail, she carries a pack. But on the road, she uses an Amphipod. Marathoners use something similar.

Some time back, she got me one. I love it. It feels like it isn't there. And looks like it isn't there either. I wear mine under my untucked shirt. Very discreet. For EDC, it holds my wallet and cash, a whistle, a lighter, and a pen. I used to carry those items in a cargo pocket. Now my pants feel lighter and freer. I rarely even wear cargo shorts and pants now.

It also feels more secure. I think to have it not noticeable under my shirt also can make it hard for pickpockets.

When I don't need my wallet, like when I am walking the dog, it holds my phone and keys and even my knife sometimes. And it is sturdy enough to also hold my doggie treat pouch clipped on to it.

The only negative is my wife and girls laugh at me when I dig my wallet out to pay for stuff. They say it looks like I am digging into my pants to pull something out. So if I know I will need something, like cash or a credit card, I will take it out ahead of time either at home or in the car. Then no one needs to see me marsupial pouch digging.

The pouch is reasonably priced, handy, secure, can hold quite a bit, does not bounce around, and discreet. I love it. Always take it when I travel too.

Ganado likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I'll have to look into that.
    I use a light weight ISWB money belt for deep security.
    When traveling I wear light weight Pick Pocket Proof pants, this after a near loss on a elevator and being the target of a team of 3 elderly Pick Pockets.

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Sorry to hear about that. I really like the Amphipod. And if you are wearing them under something, like an untucked shirt or t-shirt even, it is not very noticeable. And someone would have to reach under your clothes to get to it. You would be more likely to notice. I keep the pouch in front, hence the marsupial comments from my wife.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7