Another Attack on our Liberty

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Seacowboys, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Autokeycard.com Seized By ATF, Owner Arrested For Selling A Drawing
    When I read this story, it made my blood boil but it points directly at the sleight of hand we wee see incrementally disarm us all. Only today, did I make the connection on how the Bonus Army insurrection led to the 1934 Gun Control Act. Our Government sent soldiers to burn a camp of World War One Veterans out because they had assembled to plead with the government for money owed to them as a bonus that had not matured yet because their families were starving from the Great Depression. The Bonus Army was a group of 43,000 demonstrators – made up of 17,000 U.S. World War I veterans, together with their families and affiliated groups – who gathered in Washington, D.C. in mid-1932 to demand early cash redemption of their service certificates.
    Bonus Army | History & Significance

GOG, Mountainman, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

This is just another Fishing case that will be thrown out. The.gov is doing this on purpose knowing that they will not get a conviction, but will drive the accused into bankruptcy from the legal fees that he will rack up.

This is the most nefarious us of the law that the state can deploy. It is an immoral and wrong dance that the state employs against it’s citizens.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    HK_User and duane like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

HK_User and duane like this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have said it before, The alphabets ARE the standing army the founders warned us about.

Mountainman, HK_User and duane like this.
  5. Seacowboys

Yes, in 1934, the government was scratching like a cat covering shit to hide what they had done to our WW I vets. Colt and Thompson were selling their very expensive Tommy Guns to any citizen that had the money and wanted armaments' equal to what our military had. Only ones you hear about are the few bank robbers and bootleggers that made the news but many were purchased by citizens. The Supreme Court would not let them make those arms illegal because it violated the second amendment so they taxed the daylights out of them and created a federal registry, just legal maneuvering to infringe our rights because the only ones that had money during and after the depression were the affluent. None of bonus army could even afford a family hunting weapon, they were starving and homeless for the most part. The constitutionality has only withstood time because it has never been challenged and they'll obfuscate every attempt to do so. We can not allow them to continue to bite chunks of our liberty away in the name of public good, it is that erosion that prevents us from being armed equally with those that enforce their edicts and mandate, and laws; hence we are servants or subjects rather than citizens. Never let a good crisis go to waste is the battle cry of all the long knives. Something wicked this way comes...

Tempstar, techsar, Dont and 4 others like this.
  6. Dont

And it was mighty convenient that Mr Smith never responded to the appeal by the gooberment. Matter of fact, as I understand it, he was never seen again. I could be wrong. Ya know, those anti gooberment conspiracy theories and all, lots of folks out to get the goobers.

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My grand dad was one of those who felt the need to purchase one of them fancy fangled machineguns, a Browning BAR, and he bought it before the NFA thing, so he had to pay the $200 tax for something he already owned! Needless to say, he wasn't pleased about that, not the threat that is he didn't pay the tax, they would come and arrest him and take his guns anyway! Long story short, there was additional hardship when he passed away he had followed all the rules and such and passed the BAR down to his son who didn't want it because, Guns and such, so I got it, thankfully, it was put in trust so Grandmother could then name whom ever she wanted, and other then paying the handling fees and transfer, it's now mine free and clear! Still, it was a royal pain in the ass! Back in the day, grand dad paid the huge sum of $190 for that BAR, look what it's worth today!!!!!

Gator 45/70, GOG, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Um...maybe you meant to say Mr. Miller? United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Dont

Thats what I get for posting before coffee.

JrOrtiz and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Seacowboys

I just got back from visiting a friend with a really great 1928A1 Thompson that he inherited from his father that brought it back from the Korean War.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Seacowboys

Yea, but look at what $190.00 is worth today too...

techsar, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

79a6f52b1b6781f9.jpeg.

techsar and johnbb like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bring it down when you make a pass, I'll bring yall to a range eating great Boudin all the way !

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And gold back then was ?
    I'm thinking a Bar's value would rise faster than gold?

15. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Gold was about 35 per troy oz in '54. I'll leave the arithmetic to those that are interested.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Seacowboys

A $20 dollar gold piece weighed an ounce.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7