1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Another Hurricane in the Pacific

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Bear, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Watching this one

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

May that track deflect to the North. I know you are ready, but hope there is no need.

3. Bear

I'm ready as can be.... always more to do but I've been preparing since the last Cat 5 hit the islands ....

Its tracking closer now... sort of worrisome from the standpoint that the last couple that nailed the islands took a southerly route and then suddenly tracked north right up towards Oahu and Kauai....

Next week should be interesting in alot of ways....

4. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Stay safe, we'll be watching

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I thought you lived in Alaska?
    If the track stays the same, you gonna have a Hurricane party like they do on Wall Street?
    [beer]

6. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

It's kinda close just look at the sat image he included, only about 3 inches away from AK b::[booze]

7. Bear

We'll be in the "Ark" if it decides to roll over Oahu... otherwise hope its just a Tropical Storm or Depression when it arrives....[winkthumb]

8. Bear

Here's another view... creeping up the lower right hand corner.... looks like it's staying around... forecasted intensity around the Islands is up...

9. Bear

uh oh....[booze] a day or two ago this was at best going to be a tropical storm or even a depression... [booze]

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Remember to "Duck and cover" Stay safe.

11. Bear

Yup.... tommorrow I expect the first watches for the Big Island of Hawaii to come out... Flossie was supposed to be a Tropical Storm or Depression a good ways off to the south of the islands a few days ago... my what a difference a day or two can make....

Trimmed some trees today... gotta go pay for my order of block ice so I don't have to wait.... topping off supplies... picked up 80lbs of dog food to top off the supplies.... we'll see how this all goes...

Thanks for the well wishes...[winkthumb]

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

TD 4 may be about to make things interesting here in the Bahamas

13. Bear

Make sure to do the same if you're in that area....[winkthumb]

14. JC Refuge

JC Refuge Crisis Preparedness Provider Vendor

I know there's no one in Hawaii better prepped than you, Bear.

You're in our prayers.

Vic

15. Bear

Thanks Vic.... and alot of things I got from your good organization [winkthumb]

Flossie is weakening a bit... down to a Cat 2 should be a Cat 1 when she's north of us..... hopefully she doesn't wobble north and head for the Islands like Iniki did.... a hit on Oahu would be very very bad.... population density and infrastructure would make for a difficult situation for most....

Thanks again...

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hah!! Missed ya. A good thing --

17. Bear

Yup..... Phew! [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7