Another TRump appointed swamp critter, caught in a deception....who'd have guessed.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chelloveck, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

'Claims are made!', to quote a venerable SM thread contributor......

Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross is having a hard time of it, reconciling accounts of his wealth, revealed to Forbes The Case Of Wilbur Ross' Phantom $2 Billion with his report of personal assets submitted as part of his nomination for the post of Commerce Secretary in TRump's cabinet. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross is low-key having the worst week ever . Commerce Secretary Emulates His Boss

Was he lying to Forbes, lying to the US Senate Committee at his Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing, or lying to both?

As if inconsistencies as to the actual status of Ross's personal wealth were not enough...business dealings with connections to Putin, via Putin's daughter and Putin's son-in-law have come to light....Putin's daughter is linked to Trump commerce secretary Wilbur Ross Putin's daughter, a young billionaire and the president's friends I'm not sure whether Mueller will take an interest in that, or whether the US Office of Government Ethics might probe that particular issue. Yep, the Trumpster's definitely draining the swamp....:LOL:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    SoaySheep and snake6264 like this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

It has been such a huge swamp for so many years through so many regimes. what a mess.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Agreed. Australia is little different in some respects. Australia has a career Federal public service, which tends to be mostly apolitical. Permanent Secretaries of departments tend to rise through a career in the public service, though there has been a development in recent decades to make direct appointments by the government of the day. Unlike the US executive arm of government, there's not so much of a flying circus of political supporters , financial backers and cronies installed to replace the outgoing administration's political supporters, financial backers and cronies. That's not to say that such shenanigans don't happen at all. :(

At the moment the Federal Parliament is weeding out a bunch of politicians with dual citizenship (vide sect44 of the (Australian) Constitution. It was discovered that the Australian Deputy Prime Minister is a Kiwi....what embarrassment for the Liberal / National Party Coalition government. :ROFLMAO:

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Politics is a corrupt business - it's that simple. I guess why most of us Americans are not so angry, up in arms or even upset about this bit of turbulence is because in truth it is very minor given what we have just gone through for a number of years and doesn't even register against what would have happened if Hillary would have got office. OMG, no... You can color me anyway you want but personally, I honestly don't see it as a big deal. For goodness sake, our Attorney General was cutting political deals on the tarmac of an airport! This difference is Trump seems to have the country's best interest at heart unlike all the rest who care spit for this country - so - for that, as long as he keeps 'America first' I will give him a pass on the small crap and frankly I don't even read about the Flynn stuff anymore no matter how much the media wishes me to do so... I don't care.

On another note, the stock market is roaring, I made a ton of money this year, employment is on the rise as is consumer trust, there is even a new tax Bill that looks like will pass - things are finally starting to look up! And, it ain't because Hillary or Obama or anybody else in sitting in the White House... Yet, I am suppose to be all in up in arms because Flynn talked to a Russian...and what actually happened? OH! No one knows for sure? Geez, I've heard that story before, like a thousand times, okay...must be something dirty but then again it's POLITICS, right? Right. Okay, okay whatever... Hell, we might even get some kind of Health Care next year - maybe miracles do happen, Dorothy! Now, why exactly should I be so concerned about Flynn and etc., when the last corrupt President and his minions are going to fined me this year because I don't have Health Insurance, yet they couldn't give me any reasonable Health Insurance to buy? In my book, there are many more pressing problems that hit closer to home and this ain't one of them. Hell, I don't even give a flying F about Hillary and her dirty Uranium deal because I knew, as did everyone, it was dirty, and I know, as does everyone, that not a damn thing will happen her now or ever so...but I need to get upset and concern about Flynn...? Whatever.

Also, do you honestly believe that we will ever, EVER know the real story about this? No we won't. All it is a splash of news for the day, real or not, factual or not, it doesn't matter - most of it is nothing more than allegations and speculations, factually based on - nothing. It will disappear like Benghazi and day old bread and newspapers...

SB21 likes this.
  5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Time to start anew

SoaySheep and oldawg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7