Any Monkeys going to Desert Brutality 2020?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wideym, Oct 28, 2019.

1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

This is the third year of InRangeTV's 2 gun competition. If you haven't checked out their Youtube channel, you should, although I prefer Ian's Forgotten Weapons channel. This will also be my third year competing and my first year in the seniors division. Again I will be entering the Classic division, but may also dual enter the Scout division, although I'm pretty sure that's going to be very ambitious of me.

If you will attend, we can meet up for a toast or take a few shots with the 40mm or MAC.

So, are any of you stup...., er, Monkey enough to come along for the fun?

2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Not going to be free this year, but I would like to. Looks fun.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Sorry, no bladed weapons allowed, just firearms. Maybe you could get them to include an edged division sometime.:D

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I might just reach out to them. Bladed division would be fun.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I'll be heading out Tuesday next week so I can rest up a day before the shoot on Thursday and Friday. I was actually lucky to get a slot this year as they almost all filled up by the Patreon members who were allowed first call on entering. Luckily I entered Classic Division and there were not as many takers, unlike the more modern divisions that use ARs, AKs, and newer rifles. I'll see if anyone doesn't show up on the Saturday and Sunday Scout Division shoot and see if I can squeeze in. Wish me luck.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We will need pix. Your membership is in jeopardy if you fail the mission!! (j/k, of course.)

3M-TA3, RightHand and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I'm not sure if selfie sticks can be attached to picatinny rails. Maybe M-lock?

3M-TA3, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Go-pro is your friend.

RightHand likes this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Duct tape ,,

RightHand and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Do I look like Gecko45? Oh, forget I said that.

3M-TA3, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

:lol: The reference is here --
    Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines
    All the same, duct tape is a miracle substance for improvisation. Getting it off later can be a chore.
    (BYKT)

wideym, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I actually have a book, "Minnesota Chrome" which is what they call duct tape in MN. Comes from using duct tape to mend dented and broken fenders originating from snow travails

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Decided to stay here and go to Cold Gray Nonstop Effing Rain 2020 instead...

Good luck @wideym ! We're rootin' fer ya!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  14. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Unfortunately, I caught the flu sometime last week. My throat was feeling scratchy on Monday and I went to the VA hospital due to my medication not showing up in the mail and needed it before I left for Arizona on Tuesday. The doctor also proscribed decongestants. Tuesday morning I felt worse but was still going to go, but while loading my truck I got dizzy and ultimately decided not to drive for 16 hours while sick and dizzy, especially if it was going to get worse. Ten years ago I would have "powered through it", but once I hit 50 illnesses and injuries hit me harder.

RightHand, Gator 45/70 and OldDude49 like this.
  15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

me too... getting too old for powerin through stuff... sounds like you made a wise choice...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7