Any Particular Survival Items Still Available You'd Buy on Amazon for the Coronavirus Pandemic Only?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Nov 26, 2020.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

While I think I'm OK right now riding The Pandemic Out who knows maybe any of you have available Survival Items/Products/Resources that I should consider having on hand. So anything you recommend that is still available on Amazon or another mail order place? The Key word is available.

Here for example are some items I bought online mainly from Amazon because of Coronavirus though many are no longer available:

Many items one can get in Supermarkets, Costco, etc, but I personally have not gone into any Stores or Restaurants since the end of March

Skinny Pop Popcorn 12 packs

Phone Soap (Gadget) which destroys bacteria on wireless phones but are no longer available on Amazon I don't think

Sealed Clorox & Lysol Wipes which I paid high prices for on Ebay

Many Bars of Dial Soap

Cases of Canned Black Beans and Canned Pea Soup

Pasta 12 Packs, Oatmeal, Nature Valley 100 packs Oat and Honey Bars

Disposable Kimberly Clark Sterling Nitrile Exam Gloves Powder Free

Face Shields

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Vitamin D 5000iu
    Zinc
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin B
    Melatonin
    Pepcid AC
    Ivermectin

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

lock pick set, instant ice packs, ace bandages, back brace, pain relief, vitamins/supplements, good pair of boots, really good hiking socks, precursor chemicals, cannon fuse, electrical ignitors, garrote wire and toggles, pistol brace, ammo, magazines and magazine repair kits.
    there is going to be lots of stuff you could grab.
    depends on your needs and current / suspected situation.

ED GEiN, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. sdr

sdr Monkey++

G4000A.
    A good multiband receiver with ssb. For me gathering info is more important than communicating with people i don't know. Comms in a group is a must.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If your FAK doesn't already have one, get a pulseox meter, a stethoscope and blood pressure cuff.

ED GEiN, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Hm. Well, you think you have enough water, food and other things you might need, so far so good. However, we do NOT have a complete list of what you have, so finding holes in your preps, then doing the Amazon (or other sources) research for you as the membership has done for you in the past seems a bit of more than you should expect from us. I'll pass, other than to say with your hermitting practice, getting the ARRL ham license manuals and get to learning is better than fretting about this damn virus fright.

Idahoser and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Any recommendations ? for partner who can turn on a radio..
    for days im flying and away , dc power here is 12Vdc / 24Vdc /48Vdc and I can convert it down PWM.
    Sloth

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They got nogs?

9. Macgyver

Macgyver Monkey+

8926. I have had a Sangean ATS 818 ACS. It has been a great receiver has digital display and is side band capable.

10. sdr

sdr Monkey++

No idea on current models available. Just make sure to get a quality radio. Cheaper ones are pretty much disposable. An Eton i have has solar, crank and battery power built in. Plus it can charge a cell phone. Hate to think how many hours it would take cranking the thing though. I don't think my Grundig powers from external 12v. I remember a few years back a cat had chewed up the power cable and fried the transformer. Had to dig around to come up with the right replacement. And I know I have too many 12v ones in the shop.
    SSB (single side band) isn't necessary. I just wanted to have more options. Lots of signals can be picked up with side band. It's the mode of choice for around the world stuff.

And remember to not leave any dead alkaline batteries in any electronics. Pissed me off when I forgot that and had to open my radio up to clean the battery compartment contacts after letting them sit for a couple of months.

11. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

https://www.adorama.com/etnelite750.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2020
    Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  12. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Ant particular Model or Brand?

13. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

any of the various emergency heating and cooking gear is readily available - if you haven't taken care of that necessity >> times a waiting >> US made and most likely sitting in a store while the TP idiots walk by it ...

oldawg and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@ED GEiN
    Since we know you aren't leaving any time soon, along with the radio manuals, you need to get some plumbing and electrical texts. With the storage piles you have accumulated, you cannot call the building super to fix things. There's a good chance he'll have something to say about overloading the floor.

ED GEiN and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  15. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I'm enjoying the Hermiting though I still unfortunately have to leave my Apartment Fortess to empty my trash, get my mail and on occasion open the outside entrance door of my building to let the Supermarket Delivery most of which even at 2:00 AM I may encounter these idiots in my building. Unfortunately I will not risk using the Laundry Room which I perceive as a total "Hot Spot" and haven't done my laundry since March. I just order new garments from Amazon instead as needed.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  16. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

LOL Semi Right. I don't consider my place overloaded because of the spare second bedroom which I used as a Gym and Den before but I have a nonstop very small leak from the sink one of my bathrooms and I won't have anyone come in to fix it during the Pandemic especially the handyman who can't speak English after 20 years in the US. I don;t trust him not to be one of the infected.Yes I could hire someone but I do not want anyone entering my premises at this time. Learning to Plumb would make things worse as things like that I admit I'm totally useless.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@ED GEiN How are you for surveillance? I would want something that shows me what's out there or even something that detects something is out there? Even audio would be an edge over nothing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

So do I!!!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7