Any Reason You Can't Subload a 9mm Revolver with .380?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by AxesAreBetter, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I consider the Remington .41 rimfire to be a good standard for a "modern" derringer, size wise. Or a Cobra, which is basically the same size. It's a vest pocket gun, and ain't a bond arms on the market that fits that bill I ever saw. No matter how out of scale their pictures are.

2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I literally carry a .38 derringer in my vest pocket when I wear one of my old west .38's to town. Quicker than reloading an old colt, eh? HAHAHA.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!
    WHAT IS THIS MAGIC OF WHICH YOU SPEAK??
    I have dreamed of a PPKS in 9mm for years!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then go a safer route P938 | Sig Sauer

My pocket will never be empty.

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  5. Tully Mars

Haven't played with that one much, you likee?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. HK_User

Found a "Show Sample" at a local shop.

It's the one with the sensor that turns on the laser as you remove it from the pocket holster or the belt holster .

As they say "It's with me".

With new state laws I can go where ever I need or want and be able to protect my remaining rights of self protection.
    Even the University's Libs lost that lie they had been living. I doubt I would be welcome if they knew!

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If the Liberal Profs have issues with how what they are "Preaching" is perceived by their listeners, MAYBE they need to LOOK at what they are Preaching.... Never heard of a Prof getting Blown Away by a Student for what he was Preaching, only for handing out Failing Grades, to a Lunatic.... Just think of it a Collegate Road Rage....

Tully Mars, HK_User and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. HK_User

Profs are more into brain washing this generation so they can have a more compliant tax base.

As much and as often as I hear "critical thinking" from Profs and knowing those folks for years, the more I know they are saying "see it my way or fail".

Some, with age, have realized how wrong they were they realize that the Lib way is an utter disaster. Too bad for upon retirement they move to a more conserative palce to work. Usually close to their children, either to protect the kids or themselves.

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Much truth in the blasphemy you speak here ;)

10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yeah you do have to a bit selective of the ammo you put through them. Picked up a case of 130gr fmj Aguila ammo cheap. Nice power and fairly accurate lead........... When they don't misfire. Will be saving that junk for the target shooting where a misfire doesn't really matter. LOL worked out to $3.50 per 50 round box.......... now I know why :) Not all ammo and primers are created equally.

11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Gotta go with Tully on that just too big for my taste in a hideaway piece. May as well use a 8 shot .22 mag wheel gun they work out to about the same size and more shots.

12. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I meant the frame/grip, not the barrel, to clarify.

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A good friend carries a Beretta .22 mod 21A.
    We were exploring going 380 , since Beretta makes a similar model with the tip up barrel. makes it easier to load and unload, (parabellum) racking the slide is unnecessary.
    Handy if you only have one hand.
    By comparison ,the .22 has more velocity, and the 380 holds fewer rounds .
    So he decided to stick with the .22
    He would have, for twice the money, bought a 9mm, if some one made one like the Beretta 21A.

Tully Mars likes this.
  14. Tully Mars

Taught all my kids to shoot a pistol with the 21A. Pull the mag and it's a single shot until they get used to it, then introduce the mag. GREAT little pistol.

1. AgentPickle
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. hank2222
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. T. Riley
  6. hank2222
  7. Bishop
  8. AxesAreBetter
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. survivalmonkey
  12. Homunculi