anybody tried the new Ruger PC Carbine?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Idahoser, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I bought my wife the .40 version of the one discontinued in 2007 years ago, and we both like it a lot. It's a bit heavy and it would be very nice if there were aftermarket stock options, but overall it's better to have it than to be stuck choosing something else to fit that niche.

The new one appears to be a take-down, otherwise much like the old one. And street price is said to be in the $500 vicinity. I've had several friends and neighbors who would be most happy with a good inexpensive reliable PCC, but I'm not going to recommend some cheapo thing I've never heard of (Chiappa I think it was) or one that costs as much as an AR for them, or the Kel-Tec line that needs to be a hobby to be reliable; so they get pistols. This is one I could recommend I think, assuming it turns out to be what it appears to be. I know I'd like to have a 9mm version.

Gun Review: Ruger PC Carbine - The Truth About Guns

arleigh, HK_User, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Make mine a 10mm.

Mountainman likes this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

With the new regime, Ruger seems to have got past their thing with larger capacity magazines and their own magazines and they have always made excellent firearms. Haven't seen one of the new ones, but the rapid take down and compactness sound great. One review stated that they shot 100 rounds of random 9 mm and then 1,000 rounds using Glock magazines and as rapidly as they could and their was no problems at all. Sounds like a Ruger and that is not meant as an insult. Although it kind of fits into the AR niche, pistol caliber and take down carbine, made with decent quality and very competitively priced at around $500 and the ability to use 20 to 30 round magazines that interchange with your pistol sounds like another major winner for them.

HK_User likes this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Tried to find one on the internet today. No one has them.

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

arleigh and T. Riley like this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I found one at my LGS, not exactly light, but not heavy either. Pretty darn slick and should fit in a BOB just fine. Threaded barrel for a can and of course NICS delayed me.

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

UGLY!
    I have the Taurus CT-G2 in 10 mm auto, currently waiting on the papers to make an SBR+Suppressed! Mine uses converted G.I. M-1 Carbine mags that fixes the Taurus only 10 round mag issue! It's an Outstanding little P.C. very light and Very accurate, and in 10 mm auto, Very Powerful! [​IMG]

Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7