Art Bell W6OBB has gone to the Great Ham Shack in the Sky... RIP Art

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by BTPost, Apr 14, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One of my long time Friends and Radio Personalities passed away a couple of Days ago... When I was living alone, out in the bush of Alaska, while AlaskaChick was practicing Nursing as a Traveling RN, Art and I would chat every night on 75 Meters. (3830 Khz) We had some really good chats, and talked about a lot of issues, over the years... And don't think that he actually believed ALL the Stuff he put on his Late Night Radio Show... He just gave many of those Guests a Platform to Spread their (Stuff, Thing, Agenda, Kookie Ideas, and others) Information... One of his favorite things to ask a Guest was "Show Me the FACTs, then I will decide for MySelf..." I hadn't talked to Art in a few years, but we would exchange eMails on occasion, and I, for One, will miss his Inquiring Mind, and snappy ComeBacks.... RIP, Art...

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

RIP W6OBB SK

SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

America, where else would an amazing personality like Art Bell thrive. I knew when I heard his voice a crackle of static and a whiff of ozone and that tingle of anticipation, subjects from the creepy,curious, paranormal, sublime to extraterrestrial would be on the menu and I would be drooling over every bit.

I guess I could have posted something short but, it's Art Bell one of the most unique personalities of this century ! I guess he has all his questions answered now, " Second star to the right and straight on till morning" Art.

On the 13th and he beat the tax man, what a guy.......

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The Kingdom of Nye has lost it's Monarch.

I was stationed at Nellis for the better part of my career, Art was a local fixture, and a nice guy.

chelloveck, ochit and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Drudge put a segment of his show on being pulled when a guy from Area 51 got too specific, thought that was about right. My tinfoil is fitting a little looser now, RIP Mr. Bell from Seacowboys

chelloveck, ochit and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

He kept me alive on many a late night drive on lonely highways.

RiP, W60BB

sec_monkey, chelloveck and ochit like this.
  7. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I used to listen to him on WLS AM 890 back the day. He was a whack job and loved having other whack jobs on his show, which I'm sure was part of the schtick.

I would not want to live his life, and he did not go out on top, but it sure was fun to be a witness to his interesting path.

Zimmy and chelloveck like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I remember scanning the car radio dial listening for his voice in the darkness on Coast to Coast AM while headed in for PT formations at 0530. RIP Mr. Bell.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    sec_monkey and Ganado like this.
  9. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

A truly one of a kind

sec_monkey and Zimmy like this.
  10. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Art Bell and his Coast-2-Coast AM radio show kept the crew I was part of alert through many long night shifts over many years. He became the lightning rod, and glue factor for all the strange topics not discussed on daytime AM radio or mainstream TV. In many cases his shows from the wee small night hours brought more of those seldom discussed topics to the daytime mainstream. Job well done Art! Thank you and RIP.

sec_monkey, Ganado and Zimmy like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

RIP Art

sec_monkey and Ganado like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7