Second Amendment ATF Pistol Brace Regulation given Injunction from implimentation…

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by BTPost, May 23, 2023.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Texas just issued a Ruling Enjoining the ATF from enforcing the new Pistol Brace Regulation, for the Plaintives, until the case can be adjudicated on it’s merits, by the District Court.. There is also another case before this same Circuit Court, for a wider Injunction on the same ATF Regulation…

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Just another "executive order", bypassing the Congressional duty to pass new laws. Done by an ignorant president (yes, TRUMP), under pressure to "do something". Utter foolishness, that should be struck down as unconstitutional.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Actually, TRUMP did the Bump-Stock, BIDEN did the Pistol Brace Bullshit, ether way, they both Fucked us Dry, no Lube, and no reach around! Remember all of this when it's time to Vote, Trump is NOT our friend, and if it's down to just him and the Potato, well,.............

I'm hoping for the wider injunction getting enjoined, otherwise, we got problems! As of now, May31 I become a felon outside any courts ruling or Jury findings, and am only waiting for the coppers to show up to arrest me, which will end up getting a bunch of dumbfucks killed trying to take me!

stg58 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yep, you got me. Both executive actions need to be overturned, permanently. Bump stocks DON'T allow faster firing. And pistol braces don't allow you to shoulder the recoil spring tube on an AR pistol, any better than NOT having one on the firearm. Just another "it looks SCARY!!" thing, imho.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have no idea about the Bump as never used one, consider them a waste of ammo but most pistol braces are made so one can shoulder the weapon, at least, all I have seen are that way and most definitely are commonly used that way, and the ATF even said it was okay to do so at times...but they also said they were legal and now saying they are not...like bump stocks.

Anyway, I did not realize that Biden was the cause of all this but I truly think this will come back to bite them in the a$$. Hoping and praying they put a stop to this nonsense before 31 May... Hell, all of North Idaho will be felons!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Fine movie, RIP Gunny Ermey

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. stg58

It seems that this is headed to the Supreme Court, and hopefully clarify why a 16" barrel is a rifle and a 15.5" barrel is an SBR requiring a $200 tax stamp with months to approve.

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

And you have to ask permission to take that SBR out of state whereas a pistol depends on state laws but is generally no problem. Also, who gave the ATF the authority to make up new laws? Certainly not Congress

CraftyMofo and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It kind of sounded like if you were a member of the Firearms Policy Coalition you were also a member of the class of folks that the ATF can't touch for the time being.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The latest news on this issue is, “ The NRA has petitioned the Court to join the Pistol Brace suite against the ATF, as a party to the Suite… If granted by the Court, ALL members of the NRA, would receive the Injunctive Relief granted by the Judge’s last Clarification Ruling…

stg58 and Tempstar like this.
  11. stg58

This bill has no chance of being signed by old joe, but along with the 26 States challenging it and the court cases places more pressure on moving it to the supreme court where it seems it will end up.
    George Santos probably voted for it assuming it was kind of homosexual sex device.
    "Meanwhile, the 120-day amnesty period to modify, register, hand over, or destroy, braced pistols expired on June 1. No less than four cases are currently underway in assorted federal courts across the country challenging the brace rule as unconstitutional."
    House Votes to Roll Back Pistol Brace Ban :: Guns.com
    The U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday approved a resolution to repeal the Biden Administration’s arbitrary ban on the use of handgun stabilizing braces."

House Votes to Roll Back Pistol Brace Ban :: Guns.com

In a hard-won but likely pyrrhic victory for 2A advocates on Capitol Hill, H.J. Res. 44 cleared the chamber with bipartisan support by a vote of 219-210, with two Democrats crossing the aisle to join the bulk of Republicans. The Congressional Review Act joint resolution of disapproval aims to strike down the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ controversial pistol brace rule that went into effect earlier this year, in effect declaring handguns equipped with a brace to be an illegal short-barreled rifle.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

District judge O'Connor brings nfa into question with latest ruling:
    Screenshot_20231004-131915.
    Attachment of a brace or stock should not make a legally bearable arm into an nfa item, according to this judge.

CraftyMofo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7