ATF Siezes 30 Airsoft Rifles "Could be converted to military grade weapons"

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Jan 2, 2019.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I guess there must be military grade rubber BB's? "Special" Agent claims it's proven but refuses to release proof without a FOIA request.

Note: this story was from 2010. Wonder if "Special" Agent Crenshaw is still out there going after toys?

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Another knee jerk , jerk ,

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Well, the store shut down last year, so it looks like "Special" Agent Crenshaw got his man after only seven years. We are now safe from military grade rubber BB's. I know I certainly sleep better at night.

Oddcaliber, Dont and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Local follow up

How you can convert a toy into a gun
    A 13 Y/O 'expert' schools us.

By now you are asking how in the hell can a plastic gun be real?
    A $70 toy is one thing - an $1800 all metal replica is an altogether different cat. Please don't worry, the nerd running the vid shows the difference,

There are all metal 'replica' Airsoft weapons. Doesn't mean I'm stooopid enuf to try and fire one.

I have yet to see anyone make a vid showing one of these being fired.

The Internet is good for a lot of things. Taking 'advice' from 13 Y/O gun 'experts' isn't one of them.

OTOH, the OP is about the ATF, so.... I notice they haven't made any other seizures of late. The real idiots were Customs/Border Patrol who make the original seizure. .

Also
    Remember those Airsoft guns seized by the ATF in WA? (UPDATE) - AR15.COM

Agents of Incompetence: Customs, ATF Dodging All Questions About Toy Guns (Part III)

When my youngest son still lived at home, he routinely participated in Airsoft 'contests' (think capture the flag). The crew was very careful to post signs and call the local PD to give them a heads up - no need to have someone shot over a admittedly realistic looking toy.

As an aside, my son was top shooter in his basic platoon and came home alive after two tours in Iraq as a 'door-kicker'. The Crotch had good training, but he already had 100s of hours of sim time before he went into Basic.

Dont and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

The 13 yo dipshit needs to be beat.

oil pan 4 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The conversion vid by the 13 year old is satire/comedy as a response to the retarded ATF agent. The weapons used were all actual firearms:

"Many people have seen the video where the ATF claims that airsoft guns can be converted to military grade machine guns. I'm here to show you that you can with very simple steps just like the ATF said you could! ....BTW if you couldnt figure it out by watching this or you're just one of those people who reads the title and comments without watching, this is a huge joke, don't try to do this. Trying to actually convert an airsoft gun into a real firearm will most likely result in you hurting yourself trying to do the impossible. Airsoft guns CAN NOT BE TURNED INTO MACHINE GUNS!!!! If you post an angry comment saying im trying to ruin airsoft or the second amendment, well you must not have fully watched the video or read this because at one point i say rubbing the gun with chapstick is necessary step to making it a machine gun. The guns i shoot were legally purchased and were at no point airsoft guns. The list of guns i shoot are as follows for those interested: AR15= Stag model 8, AK47= WASR-10, G3= HK91, Beretta M9 (not 92fs, M9 pretty much the same thing but different name :p). NO LAWS WERE BROKEN IN THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO. DO NOT ATTEMPT BUILDING A FIREARM WITHOUT PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAWS AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING! THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO. THIS IS A JOKE VIDEO THAT SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED EVER! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE WHO INJURES THEMSELVES TRYING TO BREAK THE LAW!"

7. No expert here. Comment one: BATFE defines a firearm as something that will fire a cartridge even if the device is destroyed in the process. Comment two: No where in these videos did I see automatic weapons fire. Comment three: Do people never learn? Nazi's documented their crimes for the prosecution at Nuremburg. U.S. mil. at Abu Garib took pictures too. Why not just surrender right to the police?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7