ATF to reclassify M855/SS109 ammo (Victory!)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Grand58742, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's obvious they are banning M855 rounds for civilians because they can pierce some armor, and it scares the politicos. A war is coming, and it will be between the citizenry and the militarized police of this nation. Make no mistake, it's sure as sh*%.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Did you catch this:
    Groups like the National Shooting Sports Foundation suggest that under BATFE’s new rule, other calibers like popular deer hunting .308 bullets could be banned because they also are used in AR-15s, some of which can be turned into pistol-style guns. “This will have a detrimental effect on hunting nationwide,” said the group.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

If they use current criteria, they won't stop..... Hollow points will be next, I fear... :(

Yard Dart, stg58 and Tully Mars like this.
  5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yup, we've been down this "pistol round" routine before.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Enough of their crap. I just ordered everything (supposedly) needed to swage my own. Been looking at this stuff for years so ta heck with these bozos I'll make my own from now on. After a long phone call I'm told I can use several different types of filler material along with/instead of lead..:sneaky: It's a pretty good hit on the wallet but I'll be able to make 5.56 7.62 and 50 BMG. I plan on geting the pistol cals covered once I get everything set up and running. For now I'll keep shooting my cast boolits in them. If you see a new ad for this stuff along with a burial notice on here then you can pretty well figure the nurse found out...:whistle:

7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Hide the receipts! But give "the nurse" my name. I've always wanted to go that swagging route and even bought the books. I do make/ swag my own BP Caps.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Did you get the Corbin?

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. recon

recon Senior Member Founding Member

Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

obutthead writes his laws on a chalkboard...... so he can change them at his whim.
    Ooops, he is a technonerd. Make that a whiteboard with dry erase markers. And the antigun 'laws' are written in red.

tacmotusn likes this.
  11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

.556 ammo is going the way of .22's folks are buying them in bulk and selling them at inflated prices...

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Buy, buy, buy..... sell no good IMO.....never sell. ;)

Tully Mars likes this.
  13. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

I think I'm going to take some Brown Bear I picked up for about $220 a case, paint the tips green and sell it for $1000...

VisuTrac, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Wake Up America: Beware Team Obama's dangerous plan to ban bullets | Fox News

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. I was thinking the ban was going to be on only loaded cartridges --

Mountainman likes this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yes, the Mega mite with all the dies I need for the cals I want to start with. Also got the kit to use .22 LR brass to make jackets for the 5.56 and .243.

17. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Here's an interesting take on the whole situation:

Time will tell if what he is saying is the truth. Like the gentleman stated, look to see M4's and M16's in the news covering the Ukraine. The comparison he draws with the ban of the 7N6 5.45 ammunition seems credible to me, as it parallels what is happening now.

If the ban is initiated, no matter how many complain or who does what in the house or senate, don't look in this country; look for all out war in Ukraine.

Mountainman and HK_User like this.
  18. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

The thing is though, the only 5.45 round that was banned was the 7N6. All the other commercial stuff was perfectly legal to bring in. Funny thing? The 7N6 was generally made on the same production lines as the commercial Barnaul and Tula stuff. And that stuff is still available so the factories are still churning it out.

I think he's drawing conclusions that really aren't there honestly.

Brokor and gunbunny like this.
  19. Yard Dart

Mmmmm I have a big box of stuff I picked up today.... guess I will keep grabbing until the bastards say I can not anymore....
    I suppose at that time the shooting will start... and I will share with my Patriots in the local AO!!
    F the bastards and keep stacking it deep till the time comes... cause many of us have already determined.... it is just a matter of time till you will need to put up..... shut up... or lock & load!!!

[gadsden]

20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Nah, actually the proposed ban only created a massive surge in purchases, like usual. The .Gov only needs to place orders and suck up all the ammo anyway. I agree with Grand on this one, the guy is reaching for what just isn't there. Interesting perspective, though.

1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. OldDude49
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Oddcaliber
  6. OldDude49
  7. Big Ron
  8. deMolay
  9. Grandpa Patch
  10. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold